Why is mandatory to update catalogues' feeds every week?

viddajewelry
Just visiting

After not getting answer here for weeks

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/support-and-questions/catalog-datasource-updated-daily-but-pinter...

May be I need to open a new issue because the title is different.

The problem is why pinterest forces us to update every week our catalog.

If we have an enterprise that only update our catalog evey month or every 6 months, how we could keep our catalogs updated? What is the solution? Change prices? Why? Change descriptions? Why?

Why is pinterest forcing us to update every week?

We are not an "aliexpress or ebay" shop. We are a very wellname enterprise and we dont want to seem an aliexpress shop with tons of items and changes in price every day.

I think that you need to AVOID/DISABLE that awfull obligation of update tha catalog every week.

We can't update it !!!! What do you think that we will have to do? Change prices every week? What?

Please, let customers to choose their own update frecuency.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestSusana

Hi @viddajewelry, apologies for the delay.

For a little background about this method, Pinterest aims to keep all products Pins as updated as possible to the users. After around a week of no updates on the feed, the system deems them as outdated and removes the price in case it isn't the correct one. This way, we hope to show the Pinners only the most recent data.

Even though a lot of business update their prices often, we have acknowledged that many businesses do not work that way and that this method is not the best for them. That is why we're actively working a better way to keep the Pins trustworthy without having the advertiser update their feeds  every week.

Thank you for your feedback about this issue. We do our best to make our platform accessible for everyone and your feedback helps us know where to improve. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
12 Replies
ideachicretail
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @viddajewelry, I hope I can help. My initial thought is about a file issue that Pinterest thinks is incorrect. If you have a data feed, Pinterest crawls daily and your report should show errors. When there are no errors, your feed will work without changes. I think this is true regardless of of your catalog feed source. If you are not receiving errors, I hope opening a ticket with support will identify your issue. Best, David 

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts https://www.pinterest.com/ideachicretail/
0 Kudos
viddajewelry
Just visiting

Hi, thanks a lot for your help.

We have no errors, and we dont change the feed, it works only for 1 week. (it is a csv file that we edit)

Our pinterest's contact said us that after 1 week, pinterest does NOT show our prices. It keeps on showing products, but without any prices.

Our pinterest's contact only said us to update weekly our feed ,at least weekly, so Pinterest Web Page will show again the prices. But we can't change our catalog every week.

So.... where is and how is the way to open a ticket? Our feed hasn't errors.

0 Kudos
viddajewelry
Just visiting

Hi, any support/help from Pinterest? Still waiting .....

0 Kudos
viddajewelry
Just visiting

One month, no solution from Pinterest. 

This is a great support!!!

0 Kudos
viddajewelry
Just visiting

Another month

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @viddajewelry , sorry to hear you haven't heard back from support. This coming Thursday, May 25th, Pinterest is having a VMP Workshop. You may want to submit this question now, if you aren't able to attend, you can watch the replay a few days later. I hope this helps you!

0 Kudos
viddajewelry
Just visiting

Almost 3 months, still no answer

0 Kudos
viddajewelry
Just visiting

4 months.... still waiting.

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @viddajewelry, apologies for the delay.

For a little background about this method, Pinterest aims to keep all products Pins as updated as possible to the users. After around a week of no updates on the feed, the system deems them as outdated and removes the price in case it isn't the correct one. This way, we hope to show the Pinners only the most recent data.

Even though a lot of business update their prices often, we have acknowledged that many businesses do not work that way and that this method is not the best for them. That is why we're actively working a better way to keep the Pins trustworthy without having the advertiser update their feeds  every week.

Thank you for your feedback about this issue. We do our best to make our platform accessible for everyone and your feedback helps us know where to improve. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo