cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchant's URL is incomplete or inaccessible. Domains that are "opening soon" or incomplete viola

catredmondart
Just visiting

I received this message via email. 

Your business was not approved to be a merchant on Pinterest. Please check out our Merchant Guidelines to learn more about our criteria.

The following reason was provided...

The merchant's URL is incomplete or inaccessible. Domains that are "opening soon" or incomplete violate our guidelines

Under settings and then website URL the correct domain is selected ( See Screenshot below) and in the business hub, it says that my domain has been claimed so I am unclear about why I am receiving the message that my URL is incomplete. I am not a new business or opening soon. I have had this website for 6 years and was previously selling linked products thru the SAME Shopify website to this Pinterest account. I did change my domain but was disconnected to Pinterest before I did that in an attempt to ease set up and edit the available products etc. 

I do see something that could potentially be causing the issue but I am unsure how to change it. Under the Business Hub and then the main profile pic and info header it has the generic Shopify Store domain instead of my connected domain. I am unsure how to update that info. especially since I have already selected the main domain for my account. 

Please see screenshots for further examples. 

I would love to get this resolved so that I can move forward on properly marketing my business on Pinterest. I am unfortunately unable to do this without these products being available for Pinterest shopping. 

Please advise the next steps needed to correct this issue. 

Much appreciated. 

1 Kudo
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@catredmondart 

Hi there glad you made it to the PBC!

I read through your post and I wanted to offer a possible solution to the issue at hand.

My suggestion is to claim (if possible) you other domain as Pinterest does allow for you to claim more than one domain.

Go to your Pinterest Profile Page
At the top right corner beside your photo there is a drop down arrow
click the arrow
Go to settings
Click on Claimed Accounts 
Click Claim

In my experience with other Pinterest users & Verified Merchants CONSISTENCY is key! If there are two domains showing that could be causing the issue, also ensure that the domains are open and viewable online as I have discovered that if the sites are set to Private or otherwise not viewable online that can also create an issue.

Please let me know if this worked.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lisa.

0 Kudos
catredmondart
Just visiting

Hello Lisa. 

Thank you for your reply but this domain has been claimed via adding a meta tag to the code on my Shopify website. 

My older website still shows as a claimed domain as well. I tried to remove it but since it redirects to my main domain I would not expect that to be the issue. 

Thanks, 

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 3.05.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 3.05.35 PM.png

Cat 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@catredmondart 

Hi there

Okay, I get what your saying I looked at the photos you attached.

I am thinking a couple of things:

1. Although both sites are claimed in Pinterest - I am thinking Pinterest may not like the fact that they are completely different for the same shop? If you want to change the domain that is showing on your profile - I suggest that you unclaim the site and allow Pinterest to refresh and then reclaim the site you unclaimed again to add it back to Pinterest - that information is updated by Pinterest based on the information that you provide but that could potentially be the issue as you pointed out.

As I mentioned with the VMP a lot of what happens is about consistency and if even a small thing like for example your email is not the same it could create a snag.

Remember:

There is a Verified Merchant Program Event happening on May 25th @ 1pm if your interested in attending I have attached the link if you want to sign up.

Let me know if that worked.

Lisa

1 Kudo