cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Tag

DIYDanielle1
Just visiting

I have something really funny going on with my Pinterest tag... it seems to think I'm making millions of dollars. While I would LOVE to earn this much, I do not 😉 I'm predominantly a blogger, but I have a small store with products that range from $1.00-$20.00. I usually only make about $20-50/month on products so I am not sure what's going on. 

I was hoping to setup ads again, but I don't want to do it until I have this figured out. Thanks! 

Dashboard says I've had 3.5million revenue, 167 page visits, 35k checkouts, $99.99 avg order

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @DIYDanielle1 -

I did a little sleuthing and I think I solved the mystery!

It's looks like your checkout event is firing on every page of your website.  (You can test this yourself by installing the Pinterest Tag Helper to your chrome browser)  As you can see from my screenshot below on one of your blog pages it says the "Checkout" Event was detected and when I expanded it, it shows a value of $100.  So that explains the high revenue and number of checkouts.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 3.06.33 PM.png

So you're prob wondering how to fix it...

First I'll need to know who your website host is and your cart provider.  That will determine where you place your tags.

Your base code will be placed on your website to fire on every single page. 

The Page Visit event should fire on all of your product pages

The Add to Cart should only fire when someone adds something to their cart

and the Checkout event should only fire after the checkout is complete (usually on a confirmation page).

Hope this helps!

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

3 Kudos
DIYDanielle1
Just visiting

My website is through BigScoots under diydanielle.com... that's where my shop was when I was on woocommerce. Then I switched to Shopify and put it under doityourselfdanielle. So at this point I have NO idea what's going on... or how my account might be impacted by the two different URLs.  @thehalcyonhive 

0 Kudos