cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 4059 on Double English Data Feed Shopify Catalog

tiatrends
Just visiting

Hi there, I'm having a persistent issue with the pinterest sales channel and shopify. I'm trying to address it as I don't want to lose my verified merchant status, but I just have no idea how to fix this.
For some reason I have two shopify feeds with the exact same language, English.

tiatrends_2-1637132755954.png

But I only have one language in my store, only English.

tiatrends_1-1637132717956.png
On Pinterest one of them has 0 products and translation errors, the other one is fine. The one with the translation error says "English(US)" on pinterest, but on shopify they are both just "en". I can't translate my products to the same language.

tiatrends_3-1637132808956.png

showing translation error

tiatrends_4-1637132859869.png

Has anyone ever experienced this? How do I remove the empty English(US) feed giving me errors?

I contacted support but they seem like they don't really know what's going on, they keep telling me to disconnect and reconnect the Shopify app. Disconnecting and reconnecting the app doesn't work. It only unpublished my pins while the inactive data feed was still there.
It seems like this issue may require some more technical help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If absolutely necessary, I am even willing to pay to resolve this. 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
PinterestDebora

Hi @tiatrends welcome to PBC! I can see that you've opened up a ticket with our support team regarding the issue. Please continue working with that team on this as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern. Let me know if it works out!

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
tiatrends
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestDebora ,

Thanks for the advice, but I haven't gotten a reply again on that ticket. The only thing I was told to do is, make my products available on Pinterest, disconnect and then reconnect the Shopify app. I wrote back saying, I tried that but it still didn't work. I haven't gotten a response. Not sure what to do from here.

0 Kudos
ittybittyfox
Just visiting

We have exactly the same issue, so you are not alone! 

We have an English (US) feed and an en feed, despite us being in the UK and selecting English (UK). We only have one language and no reason currently to support multiple. Disconnecting and connecting again does not fix it. 

1 Kudo
tiatrends
Just visiting

@ittybittyfox Thank you for sharing your experience! I l thought I was the only one having this problem. 

0 Kudos
ittybittyfox
Just visiting

@tiatrends No worries, please let us know if you find a way to resolve it! 

0 Kudos
tiatrends
Just visiting

@ittybittyfox I tried putting the problematic feed on pause through Shopify and after 2 days the "Please address errors to maintain your verified merchant status" messages have gone away. Not sure if this is a permanent solution but, better than nothing for the time being.

tiatrends_0-1637356938116.png

0 Kudos
heartfeltgiver
Just visiting

Hello

I am too having the same problem.  Has anyone found a way to fix this? 

Thank You

Heartfelt Giver

1 Kudo
EduViottoDecor

I have exactly the same. both errors 1008 and 4059 for a store in the UK. I have just sent a new ticket to support and am awaiting for answer.

1 Kudo
PinterestDebora

Hi @heartfeltgiver and @EduViottoDecor welcome to PBC! The Shop Tab only appears to people with the same country/region on their account settings as their catalog. Usually the catalog is set to a different country so, only people from that country/region will be able to see it. Please check if that's your case, if this is not the scenario, let me know!

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos