cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciated Pinterest Tag

digitallypinkco

Hi! I am working on becoming a merchant on Pinterest, but I am running into some issues with the tag. I have a Wordpress website and I installed the tag via pixelyoursite.  The tag doesn't work and checking with the interest tag helper extension this is what I get.  I am not sure of how to get a new tag, so does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 21.38.31.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

Hey @digitallypinkco Welcome to the PBC! 

I looked into Pixelyoursite and it looks like a third-party site that tracks stats for Facebook and Google analytics. You supposedly can add the Pinterest tag with this app but you need to allow their ad on your site? Is that right? 

If I were you, with a WordPress site, I would use the WordPress plugin. It will likely be more streamlined. Here's the link to that - https://wordpress.org/plugins/add-pinterest-conversion-tags/

If you try this, let me know how it works for you! 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @digitallypinkco and welcome to PBC! This warning is because you have an old version of Pinterest Tag somewhere in your code. I recommend removing any old Pinterest code from the website and use the codes from Ads Manager. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos