cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account has been flagged as spam

cosmosmariners

Hi! I’m a long time user of Pinterest and have been a business member since they began to allow that for creators. I’ve got years of great, high quality pins generating traffic (since 2014!) and I know what is normal for my account. Yet, in early April, my account reach, impressions, monthly viewers, and audience have plummeted and I’m barely getting 40 referrals a day now (compared with 5-8 times that prior to the beginning of April).

I believe my account has been marked as spam, and I would like someone to manually check my account and mark it as safe. I have emailed the help desk at least a dozen times so far and have been given an unhelpful copy-and-paste response every time about creating new pins. I already DO create fresh pins, and I’ve never committed spammy behavior—and I just want my account back to normal. 

While my account is down, my blog is losing money all because I cannot get someone to do a simple account check and remove the spam block.

I want to run new ads for Q2 but I refuse to do so until I know that my account has been checked and marked as safe. Please help me, @PinterestDavid @PinterestGabby @PinterestJazmin 

My account is @cosmosmariners 

AC5CE612-E07A-41D0-9414-4C2E52584177.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cosmosmariners

Additionally, I received an email back from a Pinterest support person this morning (finally, a real person!) who said that he couldn’t find my account when searching for it. Prompted by this, I went to see if I could see my account by searching in the Pinterest website. I am able to find my account when searching in the app, but not when searching on desktop. This is a problem that may or may not be related to the overall issue of my account being marked erroneously as spam. 

Furthermore, he said he couldn’t find any account tied to my email, which I haven’t changed since I got the account in 2014.

I’ve been emailing the help desk for a month now, and this is the first major information I’ve gotten about my account so far. Can you build on this information and help me find a solution @PinterestPeter @PinterestLucy @PinterestGabby @PinterestJazmin @PinterestJoan (or anyone else who comes across this post).

0 Kudos
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cosmosmariners welcome to the PBC! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue and appreciate your patience. I went ahead and escalated your issue to the support team. They have confirmed that your account is not marked as spam. For questions regarding traffic, I recommend reaching out once more to the support team by filing a new ticket and continue working with them so they can review your account in more detail. Hope this helps! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
YassineLion

@cosmosmariners Any news about this problem?

0 Kudos
cosmosmariners

Nope, no news. I’ve emailed the help team over a dozen times over weeks and weeks and get the same canned response about “normal ebbs and flows.” Audience, traffic, engagement, and impressions are all down 50% from what they were in late March. The stats prior to March had been stable for well over a year, so this rapid, random drop isn’t normal for my account. Yet, I can’t get a straight answer from the help center, so I don’t have any real faith that I’ll ever see a solid resolution. I’m highly disappointed because I’ve been a loyal Pinterest Business user for years, and Pinterest doesn’t seem to want to help me out when I actually need them, 😕

0 Kudos