Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements for Catalog

thekittenpark
Just visiting

Hello
Removed the blue mark from my verified account that I've been using for 1 year 20 days ago. The only reason for this was " merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements". I was not even given the right to object to my account. This situation hurt me. I couldn't even object. So I moved the base of my website from Wordpress to woocommerce. I updated all the products and product pages, I updated the theme of my website with the professional theme, but nothing changed. I need help. I couldn't even object to the changes I made to Pinterest.

1 Kudo
9 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @thekittenpark

To keep shopping on Pinterest inspirational and actionable, we require merchants on Pinterest to meet our Merchant Guidelines. If you have any questions about the guidelines, feel free to check out our guidelines for more information, or in the initial email you may have received with more details. 

If you think that your feed is not in violation, the best way for you to proceed is to use your appeal (Ads > Catalogs > View Issues) or file a ticket to our support team. I wish there was more I could do here, but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern. After fixing your issues, you'll be able to reapply to the program.
I hope this is helpful. 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thekittenpark 

I read your post and as @PinterestFernanda has suggested you can file a ticket with Pinterest Support. I did have a look at your website and there were definitely some things that would create issues for you in meeting the guidelines.

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise any favorable results regarding the Verified Merchant Program - decisions that are made regarding your VMP Status are at the discretion of Pinterest. I always encourage all Merchants to review the Merchant Guidelines before filing an appeal. I also suggest to Merchants, read the Guidelines within the Merchant Guidelines regarding product, brand, advertising, service et al. as each of the guidelines have additional requirements.

Your website policies for shipping, refund, return et al. are unclear, and there are a number of grammar errors and improper word usage creating some confusion these would definitely create a problem for you in meeting the guidelines. Further, on your Return Policy, I noticed you have a Contact Us Link which when you click takes you to a completely different website | company 4 Color Dress. 

4 Color Dress4 Color Dress

I always remind merchants that a good business practice is to be as transparent as possible with both the platform, in this case, Pinterest and customers. I have no doubt that two websites et al. would be considered a violation of the Merchant Guidelines and it is unclear where someone is supposed to go should they need to return something. 

I know perhaps this isn't the answer you want to hear but this is what I have found when reviewing your website.

Lisa

1 Kudo
jewelclues

This is strange that Pinterest is talking about transparency. They blocked my website for issues in catalogue quality when I told them the catalogue is made by their App only they told Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements for Catalog. I asked them 1000 times what is the problem so I can fix. Every time I get exactly same email  templated reply saying Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements for Catalog. please review our guidelines ... We have changes content, website navigation an what not but there is no one there who can answer. No transparency whatsoever when it come to support and who we can approach for help even if we are 100% compliant with the guidelines. No real human help here. Sad but true. 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@jewelclues 

Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post and took a look at your website.

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest - I check websites for merchants as a courtesy to them. I do believe that all Verified Merchants should be as transparent as possible, unfortunately, this is not always the case (see post above) please if you have some time review other posts I have responded to here on the PBC re: verified merchant status

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise any favorable results regarding the Verified Merchant Program - decisions that are made regarding your VMP Status are at the discretion of Pinterest. I always encourage all Merchants to review the Merchant Guidelines before filing an appeal. I also suggest to Merchants, read the Guidelines within the Merchant Guidelines regarding product, brand, advertising, service et al. as each of the guidelines have additional requirements.

I checked your website and from what I was able to see, a potential issue that could be creating problems for you is the photo of the Disco Ball on your site - As per the Merchant Guidelines - Advertising Guidelines:

Pinterest from my experience with other Merchants doesn't appear to like flashing - or strobe lights - effects - or video, where clicking to watch or downloading anything is involved, I would encourage you to review the Advertising Guidelines specifically with regard to editorial content. Advertising Guidelines

I saw on your site that you have an "Our Story" but when I looked at the page it does not really talk about who you are and your company, I would encourage you to review the Merchant Guidelines
relating to the About Us Page.

I would remove the image of the Disco Ball and create an About Us Page that is visible to those who visit your website. While I can't be 100% that these are the exact issues that caused you to lose verification I can say they are the most obvious.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

0 Kudos
thekittenpark
Just visiting

Thank you for your suggestions, but when you say disco ball, I don't understand exactly what and which page you are talking about. We wrote this about us page after we lost our verified seller approval. We will fix the shortcoming you mentioned on the about us page in a short time. Thank you for your time.

1 Kudo
Linenlooks
Posts regularly

When I went to submit a ticket, your team blocked my information, can you help me

my account is https://www.pinterest.com/Linenlooks/

0 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thekittenpark 

Hi

No problem with the suggestions.

The Disco ball was on @jewelclues website, they had also replied to this post - thread and the above response was to them.

I wish you the best in getting re-verified.

Lisa

0 Kudos
thekittenpark
Just visiting

@bodymindmood We move our store from wordpress to shopify but eventhough that we never meet the minimum website quality. This sounds weird sucks. Pinterest should not push the owner of llc for the selling on Pinterest. We are already LLC and we have already high quality standarts. We can share the EIN number with Pinterest if it is needed but the other website quality thing sounds me sucks. I will move my strategy to an other social media. Good bye.

3 Kudos
thekittenpark
Just visiting

@thekittenpark @4colordress 

Check the 4colordress.com

0 Kudos