Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Rewards vs. Verified Merchant?

collageandwood
Just visiting

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone was considering leaving the verified merchant program to try to become eligible for creator rewards. 

I get a lot of organic traffic from Pinterest to my website, but I feel like my community enjoys the inspiration and new projects that I create as a handmade seller. I'm having a better result from Google - and I'd love to be able to monetize my account. I have 2500 followers adn 2600+ saves per month, so my metrics are good for the Creators Rewards.

But ... Verified Merchants aren't eligible. So, what do you think? 

Is it possible to leave the Verified Merchant program and make it into Creator Rewards?

Thanks for your input!! And thanks for the invite @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
1 Reply
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @collageandwood ,

Kudos for having an amazing audience who loves your content. I don't have an answer for you, and it may actually be a difficult choice.
The Creator Rewards Program is evolving, and depending on how well the VPM helps you generate sales, it may or may not be a great idea to leave it.

As the CRP develops and moves out of early access, you may be able to make a better decision. I'd hate to see you leaving the VPM and then not having access to the CRP right away and getting stuck in between.

It's almost like you'd have to choose between being a creator or merchant. It's a matter of looking into your goals and business/monetization model.

One option could be to continue as a VPM while leaning into content creation. Idea pins will fuel your audience, which in exchange may help you sell more.

I hope this helps.

2 Kudos