Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Confused on Verified Merchant Program Application

dressaffordcom
Just visiting

Hi Team, or anyone who is so kind as to offer some advice. We applied to the Verified Merchant Program and became one of them over a month ago. We had the blue badge and everything was going smoothly. We activated our ad account and started running on Pin ads, and did some work on the construction of the product pins. We made idea pins every day and we are getting more and more followers recently.

But all of a sudden,  Pinterest disapproved our catalog (with no issues at all before it happened) and kicked us out of the verified merchant program. We had lost almost all Pinterest impressions in the past two days. 

I thought the VMP team had reviewed our site, our content, and everything else seriously before getting us involved. But I am totally confused about what happened right now. I have no Appeal chances, and If anyone can assist it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

1 Kudo
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@dressaffordcom 

Hi there I read your post and I visited your website it appears you have an Affiliates Link and offer an Affiliate Program.

Below I have pasted a portion of the Merchant Requirements from the Merchant Guidelines and I think you will find that you cannot be verified if you are an Affiliate Marketer.

Merchants must meet the following criteria:

• Merchants must not be resale or consignment marketplaces.
  • Merchants must not be affiliate marketers.

In this case I would resubmit an application minus the Affiliates Program - No Guarantees.

To my knowledge when you are a Verified Merchant I believe Pinterest will check | or if you update or change your site its possible it flags it.

I hope this helps and I would love to know if you become re-verified.

Lisa

0 Kudos
dressaffordcom
Just visiting

Hi Lisa, @bodymindmood Thank you!!! It saves my day! I will take down the affiliate page and affiliate program very soon. I apologize for omitting such important information about Merchants obligations.  We stopped our affiliate program earlier this year it is just a web page currently, so it will be easy for us to remove it from our site entirely. If this is the case we are confident to earn the VMP blue badge back again! Thanks a million!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@dressaffordcom 

Hi there

I'm glad this helps as I said no gurantees but I would appeal the decision - see below

1. Meet our Merchant guidelines

When you upload your catalog to Pinterest, we’ll review your website and products to make sure that you’re meeting our Merchant guidelines. If you do not meet these guidelines, you will be notified within the Verified Merchant Program application page. This means that your product Pins from your catalog will not be published on Pinterest and you will not be able to promote those products. You can appeal this decision from the Verified Merchant Program application page

Please let me know what happens - also please click Accept Solution if this helped resolve your issue as it will help other PBC members.

Look forward to hearing what happens Lisa.

1 Kudo
dressaffordcom
Just visiting

Thanks Lisa @bodymindmood . I will get back when I have any update on the re-verification issue. 

1 Kudo
dressaffordcom
Just visiting

@bodymindmood  Hi Lisa. Thanks again for your kind advice. However, today the Pinterest Merchant team responded to my ticket with the same violation reason I already know and told me our application to be a verified merchant was rejected.

Honestly, I do not know what to do since I can not get useful information from the Pin merchant team. I know there were tons of tons tickets pouring in currently due to the mass evaluation. They simply do not have enough time and need to make quick decisions. They suggested we appeal when we think everything is ready but we run out of our chances for the first-time application. 

We have a very good beginning on our Pinterest adventure and I won't give up easily. I will try to email the team again. Thanks again, Lisa for your time and effort.  

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@dressaffordcom 

Hi there

Okay, its good that you got a response from them.

I will go over your site again and see if there is anything else outstanding and when you appeal you will find the option on the Merchant Application so no worries you can file an appeal.

No worries its my pleasure to try and help you. I understand how frustrating it can be but two heads are better I think?

Lisa

2 Kudos
Cutiegiftsstore
Spoiler
Hi im having same issues I been verified merchant for long time almost a year and I love Pinterest I do my best and I create a new pins and everything 

But all of a sudden,  Pinterest disapproved our catalog and kicked us out of the verified merchant program. We had lost almost all Pinterest impressions in the past two days. 

I thought the VMP team had reviewed our site, our content, and everything else seriously before getting us involved. But I am totally confused about what happened right now. I have no Appeal chances, and If anyone can assist it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos