Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What's the best practice when running multiple offers from different companies?

fitdailycrunches
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hey Guys, 

Should you only run ads for one product for each ad account? 

I have been running ads for 3 different products in one ad account. I noticed that some of the customers that had viewed one offer are being shown the other offers as well. I use a landing page recorder so I can see what the each customer does on my landing page and what pin it got there from and so on. 

What is the best practice when your are running multiple offers from different companies? 

1 Kudo
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@fitdailycrunches Hi there

Before I answer your question please check out Check out our Ads Manager Workshop Recap! 

This might answer some of your questions.

I hope this helps you a little.

Lisa.

1 Kudo
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Hi there. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

If the products are all for one business, yes, you should have them in one ad account. You can separate them out by campaigns. In no case should a Pin for one link send people to another, though if they end up navigating there once they reach your site, that's normal. I'm not entirely clear on what is happening and why it is undesirable.

If you're running ads for more than one company, you should separate them, running them out of that company's account. You can ask them to add you to their advertising account if it's not an account you own.

Hope that helps. Feel free to offer more details and I'll revisit. 🙂

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@alisammeredith Well Said I thought perhaps the recap on the workshop might help as I was entirely sure re the question. Lisa

2 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

I can't wait for the ads summit next week, @bodymindmood !

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@alisammeredith Hi - I agree it will be good to attend and I think it will help clarify a lot questions. Lisa

2 Kudos
fitdailycrunches
Just visiting

Thank you that was helpful.

0 Kudos
fitdailycrunches
Just visiting

Hi, thank you for taking the time to answer my question even if I was not as clear as could have been 🙂

So I have 3 different products that I am selling, 2 of them are from the same company and one of them is from another.

I was getting a little confused when I saw some of the same customers going from one product to the next since I thought that Pinterest would separate the targeting from each campaign.

But then I realized that since all of the products are in the same niche and I am targeting some of the same things in all the 3 campaigns, I figured that some of the same customers will go to all of the products even tho it is not in the same campaign.

Now, I do affiliate marketing so I run different products from different companies in the same business manager. Would you advise against that and recommend running each product from a separate ad account?

1 Kudo