Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Uploading Data Source for Catalog

jordanfryco
Just visiting

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to upload a hosted .csv file to create a catalog but I keep getting the error that it isn't a supported file type. I have tried hosting on Google Drive as well as OneDrive and neither seem to be working. I'm at a loss for what to do next. What are the best places to host a .csv for free so I can get this uploaded?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
harris9836
Just visiting

I just tried this and it does not work, i get a message to enter a valide url.

I was really hoping this would be the answer.

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @harris9836 !

I'm sorry this didn't work for you.  Pinterest may have changed their requirements since I originally share this solution for Google Drive.  I have since switched my feed over to my Showit website successfully.  

What is your website platform?  It may be possible to host your catalog as a .csv in the media files on your website.  Then you can grab the link from there. 

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @harris9836!

As @thehalcyonhive mentioned, we have changed the requirements regarding Google Drive hosting. We no longer support it for hosting the data source. Please host your own data source on an FTP/SFTP server or with an HTTP/HTTPS direct-download link. This needs to be accessible by a user-agent, and cannot require IP or SSH key whitelisting. If you're using a direct download link, there cannot be any extra navigation required for Pinterest to access the file. We do not provide data source hosting.

1 Kudo
StephvonMeeteren
Just visiting

This worked! Thank you for the solution. The process is challenging to become a merchant! How often do I need to upload a new data source? Just when new products are added? Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
thatgoodhairuk

It really works, make sure you dont add any other characters like / after the URL though. Thank you!!

1 Kudo
StephvonMeeteren
Just visiting

Hi Cali, This worked for me about a week ago, thank you for that. But, I had errors that needed to be fixed and I am trying to upload an updated version. Now this isn't working. Any other idea on how to get my csv catalog accepted. It is on Google Drive. Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
dncf16

Hi!

It will be very helpful if you describe in detail the following, which is copied and quoted from your post?

"you have to make a custom URL"

0 Kudos
ChristineCeoArt
Just visiting

I spent days on this to no avail, your solution worked!  Thank you!

1 Kudo

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to do this through Kajabi? 

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@2d05543ebb11c292225b6644640139 I'm not 100% sure, since I'm not too familiar with the backend of Kajabi. You would still create a catalog on xcel or google sheets and download it as a .csv file.  If you have somewhere in Kajabi to upload media files to, I would upload your catalog .csv there.  Then see if you can click on it and "save the link" for it.  This is basically allowing you to "host" the .csv file on your website.  Hope that helps!

0 Kudos