Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest unhealthy tags

PetMoreshop
Just visiting

Hello guys, I have a question about Pinterest's unhealthy tags. So I got a message that ''Your business's website must have been created at least 13 months ago.'' Is there any way to dodge that problem because my store is active for only 2 months, is it possible to loose a verified merchant status just because of that? Also, I am getting messages about my unhealthy tags and checkout even though my checkout is working great. Here is my store's name if you want to check if everything is working. 

petmore.shop

1. Your business's website must have been created at least 13 months ago.

2. Tag about checkout

2 Kudos
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PetMoreshop @asclebioalbuque 

Hi there 👋

I read your post, and yes, they can do this - this new guideline was added recently. Unfortunately, they didn't explain why they added this guideline.

There is always the option of filing a ticket with Pinterest Support

There is no guarantee that they will be able to assist you, but it is worth reaching out to Support, especially if this domain is older than 13 months old, and you can prove that.

Have you considered FB | IG, or Google for adding an Online Shop?

@andrealidesigns

Thoughts on Tags.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PetMoreshop 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your tags. This can be very frustrating, but I think I know what the problem is with your checkout Tag.

It could be that the volume of checkout events on your site is low.

The 'Add to Cart' tag needs to fire every couple of weeks, and if you haven't had any checkouts, Pinterest will flag your account with a warning that your tags are not ok and fix it before you lose your merchant status.

You can remedy this by adding a $0.00 product somewhere on your site that doesn't get much traffic to manually trigger a checkout event yourself. If you have a free shipping code to use at checkout, you should be able to successfully complete a 'purchase' without the need for payment.

This process should fire your checkout event codes, and you should see the warning removed from your account within a couple of days.

As far as the new guideline in regard to how long your site has been live, I'm not sure there is one. I'm guessing Pinterest added this because they want more established merchants who have a reliable history. Just to clarify, how long you've owned your domain is different than how long you've set up shop on a platform such as Shopify.

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

@bodymindmood 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@andrealidesigns, thank you. 

Lisa

1 Kudo