Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Increasing the engagement of my Idea Pins

thesolopreneursociety
Just visiting
Labels (5)

Last year I was getting a lot more engagement + follows from my idea pins... that's REALLY dwindled in the last 6-9 months...

Does anyone have any insights or advice on this?

I'm all about them keywords and I listen like crazy to my people so my idea pins are always aligned with what I'm being asked about most that week/month. I post idea pins 2-3 times a week regularly.

Any advice?? I'm all ears

0 Kudos
3 Replies
plantblerd
Just visiting

Hi!  I just posted asking a similar question today.  My views/impressions are in the toilet this year and I cannot understand why.  Sorry I don't have any insight to lend.  Just commiserating.  I hope we both get an answer.

0 Kudos
thesolopreneursociety
Just visiting

Me too!! I'll tag ya if I get any answers! 🤗

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

It's likely nothing you're doing/not doing. I think it's platform wide. Typically when there's a new format rolled out the algorithm is a lot loser around that (so Pinterest can see how people engage with the format, and encourage more Creators to invest time in publishing that format). (hence the Creators Reward Program to incentivize Idea Pins). 

This was the same experience when Video Pins rolled out. 

The ship is probably just righting itself a bit as the Idea Pins have more similar weight as other formats now.

0 Kudos