Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Create a replacement business account?

gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

We are rapidly reaching a point where it makes no sense to waste any more time on Pinterest for our business.

We, like many others, have had multiple times where traffic fell from 2-1K per pin, to single digits overnight. At one point I had someone from Pinterest support tell me that officially nothing is wrong, but they would try something. Within about a day, suddenly the problem reversed. No other contact from support. That was 1-2 years ago.

This has happened at least twice since, but with nothing helpful from support. 

Has anyone tried creating a new business account to replace the problematic one? Did it help? What are the drawbacks? What problems arise from disconnecting your website from the old account and linking it to the new. 

If something doesn't break soon, we're done.

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@gryphonsmoon 

Hi welcome to the PBC glad you came here to ask your question.

I read your post and in answer to your question YES I have created a new account.

I had another account which really from my perspective got caught during a lot of the changes that were happening on Pinterest and I had problems with people who used my account for spam which actually got me suspended (briefly) it was terrible but even when my account came back it was not the same so I made the decision to delete my account and start NEW.

Drawbacks:

As I am sure you know Pinterest takes time when building an account that is functional | profitable and all of the other good stuff. Deleting an account and creating a new one will take time and getting followers, likes and engagement will also take time - Sorry there is no easy fast solution. It took me 6 months to really see anything meaningful on new account but it was worth it. 

Time that you put in creating, posting et al. is a lot on a new account but in my case it was well worth the time because some of my pins had been used for not great things so I saw it as an opportunity to RESET and truthfully I didn't mind spending the time. I went from reaching 1,000,000 views to 100,000 within a week of some of the changes on the Platform and I won't lie that was extremely tough to take because all the logic | tips | tricks and information really didn't matter the control was I guess lost to the changes and I was along for the ride. I really understand how it feels to watch the numbers go down.

Problems:

I had no problems disconnecting my website and reconnecting my site in fact I made a positive switch on my .com and found that by disconnecting my website provided an opportunity to really think about a new .com one that made sense to what I was doing - I am not suggesting you need to change your website name but I am suggesting that disconnecting your website and reconnecting it will not hurt or hinder your business. It will give you time to assess your strategy on Pinterest including your .com name.

Positives Creating A New Account:

I have had a very positive experience creating a new account. The negatives really came down to the time it took to REDO my account and get it back to where I wanted it to be. However, it stopped a lot of the drama that was occurring with my account and provided an opportunity to RESET and for that I look at the whole experience as NECESSARY.

Note:

Some of the ups and downs with numbers are normal and happen to all of us - my numbers still go down and then come back up on their own I don't file a ticket (my choice) I let it work itself out. I have found over time that sometimes doing nothing is the better way and certainly saves a lot on the STRESS many people who come to the PBC have so much stress about their accounts and I really feel for them because I have been there and I truly do understand - I just wanted to share my thoughts on this issue and even though I was in the PBC et al. my old account was still suspended and I still had a lot of difficulties it does happen to everyone.

Pinterest is a good platform to use - I recognize that there are many people who are disgruntled about their accounts et al. but my attitude is why spend the time being angry when you can spend your time being productive. I hope you will stay on the platform.

I hope this provided some of the information you were looking for and I hope that you do come back and let me know how you made out. If you need info. on some of the things I did when creating my new account please reach back out so I can share with you.

Lisa

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@gryphonsmoon 

Hi welcome to the PBC glad you came here to ask your question.

I read your post and in answer to your question YES I have created a new account.

I had another account which really from my perspective got caught during a lot of the changes that were happening on Pinterest and I had problems with people who used my account for spam which actually got me suspended (briefly) it was terrible but even when my account came back it was not the same so I made the decision to delete my account and start NEW.

Drawbacks:

As I am sure you know Pinterest takes time when building an account that is functional | profitable and all of the other good stuff. Deleting an account and creating a new one will take time and getting followers, likes and engagement will also take time - Sorry there is no easy fast solution. It took me 6 months to really see anything meaningful on new account but it was worth it. 

Time that you put in creating, posting et al. is a lot on a new account but in my case it was well worth the time because some of my pins had been used for not great things so I saw it as an opportunity to RESET and truthfully I didn't mind spending the time. I went from reaching 1,000,000 views to 100,000 within a week of some of the changes on the Platform and I won't lie that was extremely tough to take because all the logic | tips | tricks and information really didn't matter the control was I guess lost to the changes and I was along for the ride. I really understand how it feels to watch the numbers go down.

Problems:

I had no problems disconnecting my website and reconnecting my site in fact I made a positive switch on my .com and found that by disconnecting my website provided an opportunity to really think about a new .com one that made sense to what I was doing - I am not suggesting you need to change your website name but I am suggesting that disconnecting your website and reconnecting it will not hurt or hinder your business. It will give you time to assess your strategy on Pinterest including your .com name.

Positives Creating A New Account:

I have had a very positive experience creating a new account. The negatives really came down to the time it took to REDO my account and get it back to where I wanted it to be. However, it stopped a lot of the drama that was occurring with my account and provided an opportunity to RESET and for that I look at the whole experience as NECESSARY.

Note:

Some of the ups and downs with numbers are normal and happen to all of us - my numbers still go down and then come back up on their own I don't file a ticket (my choice) I let it work itself out. I have found over time that sometimes doing nothing is the better way and certainly saves a lot on the STRESS many people who come to the PBC have so much stress about their accounts and I really feel for them because I have been there and I truly do understand - I just wanted to share my thoughts on this issue and even though I was in the PBC et al. my old account was still suspended and I still had a lot of difficulties it does happen to everyone.

Pinterest is a good platform to use - I recognize that there are many people who are disgruntled about their accounts et al. but my attitude is why spend the time being angry when you can spend your time being productive. I hope you will stay on the platform.

I hope this provided some of the information you were looking for and I hope that you do come back and let me know how you made out. If you need info. on some of the things I did when creating my new account please reach back out so I can share with you.

Lisa

4 Kudos
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

Hi Lisa - 

My apologies for not responding sooner. Wow. Thank you so much for the well-thought-out, clearly explained response. 

We did some testing on our current account and have decided to go ahead and spin up a new account in parallel. Once we get it built up, we'll switch the website info over and go from there.

Other testing we've been looking at involved video posts. So far, they have had dismal results, but we're getting so few hits it's hard to tell. 🙂

---Bill Tuttle | Gryphon's Moon

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@gryphonsmoon 

Hi there 👋

I am really glad you decided to stay and RESET.

I think you will find that you will be pleased with your results. I know you mentioned Video Posts - consider IDEA PINS I have watched a number of accounts where the numbers were amazing with Idea Pins, video of course.

Example
I saw an account that had 1.2m views, okay amount of followers, no real or meaningful engagement and the reactions to the IDEA PINS received were average but the monthly views (technically supposed to be linked to views from their website) were wow. I watched the account for like 2 weeks and what I found was the monthly views were jumping to my mind because this person was pinning 1 IDEA PIN a day and the use of KEYWORDS was really good. I truthfully believe that because of the CONSISTENCY and use of KEYWORDS their account was seeing pretty amazing numbers it was like algorithm happy. I did check the followers that this person had and to be truthful (no judgment on the profile) but most of the followers were actually Bots or Bot like again no meaningful engagement and if there was it was not obvious to me.

I mention the above example because when it comes to numbers there is always a question mark - this profile was a fitness profile so its a bit of a spectacle on Pinterest I should know my workout pins always out perform any meaningful pins that I post.

Another thought Pinterest introduced IDEA PIN ADS where you can now advertise IDEA PINS I did try it out and it was worth the money (albeit small budget) but it definitely moved traffic to my site no questions asked. Many pinners immediately say no to advertising on Pinterest but I have found really good returns on small | short ads I have run numbers et al. aside.

Please do come back and let me know how your doing.

Lisa

1 Kudo