Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Can we use Amazon affiliate links?

monacorona
Posts regularly

Does anyone have luck using Amazon affiliate links as product tags in idea Pins? Is this allowed? Whenever I try I am unsuccessful/receive an error. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

@monacorona great!! You can toggle the option "This is an affiliate link or sponsored product" after adding the link. 

For the Creator Rewards I don't know, the terms and condition says "The submitted User Content cannot include paid, sponsored, or promoted content, and cannot be manually boosted." But I remember some goals were asking you specifically to tag products, so I don't know how it works. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
acaketoremember
Loves to help

I don’t think that Amazon allows Pinterest affiliate tags.

0 Kudos
monacorona
Posts regularly

@acaketoremember Ah ok, thank you! 

0 Kudos
acaketoremember
Loves to help

But then someone else said that they were working again, so try it again! I know they weren't working for a while but things change.

0 Kudos
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Hi @monacorona Yes, it's allowed, Pinterest announced them a few months ago.

Can I see the links that you are using? Where do you get them from?

I'm tagging with links that I get from the storefront and they are working now. The product needs to be in stock. 

1 Kudo
monacorona
Posts regularly

@freshpinscreators It seems to be working for me now! But how are we supposed to disclose they are affiliate links? And do you know if we are allowed to use them in creator rewards? 

0 Kudos
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

@monacorona great!! You can toggle the option "This is an affiliate link or sponsored product" after adding the link. 

For the Creator Rewards I don't know, the terms and condition says "The submitted User Content cannot include paid, sponsored, or promoted content, and cannot be manually boosted." But I remember some goals were asking you specifically to tag products, so I don't know how it works. 

1 Kudo