Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Product IDs included in your Add to Cart

winnik_store
Labels (4)

Hi all

I have the tag installed in Shopify but it has given me so much problems. Sometimes it is in green, sometimes it goes red and this messes up my ads, therefore my spending as well.

Anyways, I have this message from the tag health checker, I have no idea how to fix it, I have read multiple posts but I dont think I have found one that works:

Too few of the Product IDs included in your Add to Cart events match the Product IDs in your Catalog

Any idea of what I could be missing? I've tried uninstall and re-install since that is what support told me to, but nothing so far. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestSusana

Hi @winnik_store and welcome to the PBC!

This error usually appears when the product ID being sent on your Pinterest Tag does not correspond to the ID's on your catalogue. Seeing as your using the Shopify integration, please check if your catalogue integrated by Shopify is active.

If you're not using a Shopify integrated catalogue, please check the ID column and make sure they match the ID's the Pinterest tag is sending on that same product. After doing so, please allow up to seven days for the Pinterest Tag to be considered healthy again.

I hope you were able to solve it. Let us know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PinterestSusana

Hi @winnik_store and welcome to the PBC!

This error usually appears when the product ID being sent on your Pinterest Tag does not correspond to the ID's on your catalogue. Seeing as your using the Shopify integration, please check if your catalogue integrated by Shopify is active.

If you're not using a Shopify integrated catalogue, please check the ID column and make sure they match the ID's the Pinterest tag is sending on that same product. After doing so, please allow up to seven days for the Pinterest Tag to be considered healthy again.

I hope you were able to solve it. Let us know if you have any questions!

0 Kudos
winnik_store

Hi thanks for the quick response. I've tried to look into this but I just kept going deeper and deeper and seems I hit a rock, let me explain:

I started searching for something "catalog" related to pinterest/shopify, I could't find anything, so I went ahead and start searching and found "data sources" I read that you can manually add this to your pinterest account, so that is what I tried to do, problem is that everything under "Catalogs" is grayed out, I believe this is because I'm not merchant approved and I can't get approved because I don't have categories (at least that is what it seems) so Pinterest won't let me verify w/o them.

So at this point I dont know what to do... although I'm not 100% of what I'm doing...

Does this make sense at all? anyways, thanks for the help again!

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

@winnik_store  If the Catalogs area is grayed out, there's a possibility that your catalog is either not ingested or not approved.

You can check which one by going to Ads > Catalogs and seeing what it says under "Report status".
If it says "Ingestion failed", your feed is not being ingested to Pinterest and your products have not been imported. This would also cause the product ID issue.

Since you're using Shopify, it's most likely that the information under Report Status says "Not approved". If this is the case, under "Actions" you'll see "View issues". This will show you why the catalogue was not approved and what you need to do to fix it. These issues cause the catalogue to not be ingested and, subsequently, the product ID issue.

I hope this helped. Let me know if I can help you further!

0 Kudos
winnik_store

Thanks for the reply. I went and checked the issues of the catalog and it seems it might be because of the "categories" missing. This error is also present on the "pinterest tag helper". I searched and it says 

the Product Category event data is not supported with the Shopify Pinterest tag implementation. The error is expected behaviour.

so im stuck on this infinite loop on i cant be a verified merchant because I can't get my catalogs to show, but I cant show my catalogs because it say im missing information on categories.

am I right? do I have a way to fix this?

sorry about all my questions, thank you!

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

@winnik_store Bear in mind that the Google Product Category (GPC) does not affect the verifies merchant status. This is a data that it is not essencial for this purpose.

In order to be accepted as a verified merchant, there are a few requirements you need to follow:

1 - Connect a Catalog
At least 50% of your products have to be ingested successfully. If your products are not ingested successfully, check the Catalogs section of Ads Manager to view and fix issues.

Note: We’ll check the health of your feeds in markets where the VMP is available.

2 - Install the Pinterest tag
Your tag needs to be set up so that it tracks key conversion events and returns high-quality data on shopping-related events. 

You can learn more about this on the following Help Center article.

Please, let me know if I can help you further!

0 Kudos
lotusandwillowstore

I seem to be having a similar problem. Although I've read everything above, I still can't figure out what is causing this, Too few of the Product IDs included in your Add to Cart events match the Product IDs in your Catalog problem. I have been working on it for several weeks, and support says all my conversion tags are working correctly. However, I am still getting this error. I'm very concerned that my Verified merchant privilege will be revoked on the 30th of this month. Can I please get some help?

Here is a link to the issue... not sure if the link will work... Thanks for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @lotusandwillowstore and welcome to PBC!

The reasons @PinterestSusana mentioned above are the most common reasons why this issue usually happens.

If this reason doesn't apply to you, please make sure that your catalog is running as expected and they are no ingestion issues.

Regarding support, if you receive an automated message, reply to it to make sure that you're getting connected to an agent.

I hope you are able to solve this. Let us know if you need help with anything else! 

0 Kudos
bossalinda

I am experiencing the same issue as you are.  Pinterest support has not been able to resolve it yet for me and I too am afraid of losing my merchant verified status in 10 days.  Were you able to find a solution that worked and if so how did you resolve it?

0 Kudos

I was having this alert pop up too. It only happened after I updated to a newer version of the theme I was using. It seems the base code was still ok, but one or two event codes weren't working or active or something... Anyway, I was finally able to resolve the issue using Google Tag Manager. I'm not great at code, so I wasn't able to determine where the event code was supposed to go to fix the problem. But Pinterest has step by step instructions on how to connect Google Tag Manager and add the event codes. It was resolved by the next day.

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos