Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Denied and Confused - Catalog Denied

originalfilmart
Just visiting

My Shopify-based store is 7 years old.  Until about 2021, my catalog was on Pinterest with no problems.  Then it was taken off.

I used the Shopify app to add my catalog and my store has been denied for incredibly vague reasons: "Merchant has exceeded number of user reports" and "Merchant does not meet community guidelines".

I sell vintage movie posters and simply upload images of those posters to Pinterest. Every image is art that is displayed in public movie theaters to adults and children around the world.  How are these the basis of "user reports"? 

I have 16,000 pinterest followers and generate over 12,000,000 views a year for Pinterest. I have met all the required guidelines listed yet my catalog is rejected with NO clear reason offered by Pinterest.

denials.jpeg

I have one "appeal" left and have NO IDEA why Pinterest is blacklisting my site.  

Anyone have any ideas or anyone from Pinterest able to assist? Thanks.

1 Kudo
3 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hi @originalfilmart!

In order to keep shopping on Pinterest inspirational and actionable, we require merchants on Pinterest to meet our Merchant Guidelines. If you have any questions about the guidelines, please review them here, or in the initial email you may have received with more details. You can also review our Help Center article, which explains the eligibility requirements in more detail!

If your account violates the Merchant Guidelines, you will have 2 attempts to correct such violations. 

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos
Amy_Fashionshop
Just visiting

Then how should we deal with that problem? What does that mean? Some people report our pins or account, or anything else? And what should we correct such violations? 
Because I didn`t receive any email about this problem.
Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @Amy_Fashionshop, welcome to the PBC and thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it. 

I've shared this feedback with our team. We'll be sure to keep this in mind as we continue to build out new features and improve the current ones.

Regarding not receiving the email from Pinterest, I would recommend filing a ticket with our support team here. They’ll be able to better assist you with this!

Thank you again for sharing, please let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

0 Kudos