Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Catalog Issues

Mmermaidstore
Just visiting

Hi Everyone! I recently created a new brand and a shopify store, and i have been trying to sell my products also through Pinterest.

The problem is when i tryed to create the catalog and be a verified merchant i got notified that some issues existed. I thought i fixed everything but the same ones are still there after a new review. I really don't know what the problem may be. Can someone see what i can't?

My website is www.mmermaid.com and the error print of the issues is this:

Mmermaidstore_0-1669584860382.png

Thank you!!

1 Kudo
6 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @Mmermaidstore and welcome to the PBC! 🙂 
You can make sure your account is compliant to Merchant Guidelines by checking this Help Center article, which specifies them. 
We also recommend filing a ticket with our team, who will be able to diagnose and figure out what's going on with your account. 
I hope you can figure it out! 

1 Kudo
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Mmermaidstore your domain age is going to be an issue even if you fixed the shipping and returns policy. I would wait to submit an appeal so you don't waste any until that date passes which is around 90 days.

A little advice you didn't ask for...

I would also consider making these images clickable to your direct product variants. I went to the site an was trying to click those images thinking I would be taken to the product only to find I had to scroll down.

I would also consider adding more details to your product description as this is the information that Pinterest will use for your pin descriptions. I would add in any relevant details that you can into that description section to help people understand what kind of hair, what products to use, any pain points people have when styling their hair, etc.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 9.37.17 AM.png

Good luck and let us know if you have anymore issues.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Mmermaidstore 

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise any favorable results regarding the Verified Merchant Program - decisions that are made regarding your VMP Status are at the discretion of Pinterest. I always encourage all Merchants to review the Merchant Guidelines before filing an appeal. I also suggest to Merchants, read the Guidelines within the Merchant Guidelines regarding product, brand, advertising, service et al. as each of the guidelines have additional requirements.

I read your post and was sorry to hear you're having issues getting verified. Above I have linked to Merchant Guidelines and I would suggest reading them + other guidelines that are listed within the main guidelines. I have also copied and pasted relevant sections that I think you will find useful below.

As @heatherfarrisco suggested your domain age will be an issue - I highlighted in red some of the issues (see below) that could cause issues later if you decide to apply to the VMP again.

The best suggestion I can give you, domain age notwithstanding is to be as transparent as possible with Pinterest and with your customers. You should always list an address, telephone number, and exact email address. Also, on your Legal Notice, you have spelled your company name incorrectly.

I noticed on your site that you listed two email addresses:

contactus@mmermaid.com
mysticmermaidstore@gmail.com

In my experience with the VMP, two email addresses are not good practice, and using gmail.com is not preferred. 

I would make sure that your policies are 'tight' and clear

Merchants must meet the following criteria:

• Merchants must not be resale or consignment marketplaces.
  • Merchants must not be affiliate marketers.
  • The merchant must have an easy to find and clear shipping policy that displays expected shipping time.
  • The merchant must have an easy to find and clear return policy, that displays whether the merchant accepts returns, the process and time expectations for returns, and contact information.
  • The merchant must have a dedicated “about us” page detailing their business offering or relevant social media links.
  • Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:
    • Have poor editorial content, including:
      • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos 
      • Fuzzy or grainy images
      • Broken links or incomplete pages
    • Have unoriginal content, including:
      • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
      • Stock images
    • Have domain age less than 9 months
    • Force users to visit another page that is not original to the brand
    • Force users to register to view the products
    • Are unsafe or deceptive
    • Have multiple ads or pop-ups
    • Have pop-ups you cannot close
    • Have out of date content or out-of-stock products

Merchants are also responsible for handling and responding to all purchases, deliveries, customer service questions, complaints, problems and disputes. 

As @PinterestFernanda suggested if you still need assistance, please file a ticket with Pinterest Support so that they can review you account et al.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

1 Kudo
Mmermaidstore
Just visiting

Thank you very much @bodymindmood  and @heatherfarrisco for all the answers!
I will go through all your advices and try to fix all those problems within my shop!

Have a great day!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Mmermaidstore 

You're welcome - rooting for you.

Lisa

1 Kudo
heatherfarrisco
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I wanted to come back to this thread and just clarify domain age for myself and anyone else. They recently changed it to 9 months old. 

2 Kudos