Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Auto-generated product pins from data feed don't look very good

foxfacedesign
Just visiting

After about a month of working on my data feed catalog and having to hire a developer to get my event tags to work with Squarespace, I was finally approved for the Verified Merchant program. I got my badge and everything. Yay!

BUT for some reason the pins that were generated from my catalog don't look as good as most others I've seen. The main issues are:

• product descriptions are cut off after 500 characters, while other users seem to be able to use as many characters as they want
  • product descriptions don't include the line breaks I used in my data feed, so they look like a big block of text; other users have line breaks in their descriptions
  • my CTA button says "See price" instead of "Visit"
  • prices aren't listed anywhere on the pin
  • only one of the product photos (thankfully, the main one) is shown for each listing, despite the additional image links I included for product variants in my data feed; other users have a carousel of sorts, as well as a series of photos above their product descriptions for each variant of a product
  • despite all of the variants each of my products have, there are no drop-down menus or buttons for users to select

I'm pretty sure my data feed includes all of the relevant attributes and values I need to do this (item_group_id and id for each variant; non-HTML descriptions with line breaks; variant_names and variant_values for things like apparel sizes, phone models, and poster dimensions; other attributes like color and material; prices for each variant; image_link AND additional_image link), and Pinterest shows all of my over 2000 variants in the feed are acceptable.

Some of the issues may be because I'm not using Shopify and/or that I don't have separate URLs for each product variant. I can accept that my pins may not look as cool as someone who has these things in place. But I'd love for them to look better than they do now. I've already submitted a question to the new Pioneer Mailbag, but thought I'd make a post anyway, in case that doesn't pan out. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

An example of what I'd like my pins to look like:

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 1.08.36 PM.png

 What they look like now:

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 12.50.13 PM.png

 My Pinterest shop: Foxface Design Shop

1 Kudo
1 Reply
therichstyle
Just visiting

Hello, did you have any luck finding out how to get the Size and Style dropdowns on the pin for your product variants?  There's so much outdated and conflicting information out there about how to manage this with Pinterest!  

0 Kudos