Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Why Are the May Reward Limits So Low??

nowhereiwouldratherbe
Just visiting

Seriously have you seen the $100 caps?? What’s going on?

8 Kudos
19 Replies
carlamell
Posts regularly

It's so low! I have my idea pins already lined up for May and these amounts just deflated my excitement about them. 😞

6 Kudos
nowhereiwouldratherbe
Just visiting

Yeah I’ve seen that too. It’s like they needed limits back then but now it’s so drastic. They need to show consistency and having to work for three saves last month and 100 saves this month is wild.

7 Kudos
nowhereiwouldratherbe
Just visiting

ME TOO! I was just learning to work within the challenges and it’s not even fun if I’m posting something JUST TO OBSESS about it getting 100 saves for basically no money 

6 Kudos
nowhereiwouldratherbe
Just visiting

It’s wildly reduced and it undervalued the work! If Pinterest has paid in the past the adjustments should be exciting new challenges each month not decreasing value 😩

4 Kudos
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Hi @nowhereiwouldratherbe 

I agree the money is not enough for all the time that it takes. We had such a great experience with an account we manage during March, but now the earnings seem very low. We don't have to forget that this Program is in beta testing so they are still adjusting it, I hope they can get more budget and more accounts can join the program. 

- Maria - Follow me on Pinterest! Fresh Pins Creators

4 Kudos
liveloveruntravel
Just visiting

@freshpinscreators We already are repurposing blog content for idea pins, but we pin the images in the blog post as regular pins. The new challenges say that the images and videos cannot already have been used as pins, so that means I have to choose to use the content for traffic for my blog or for the $25 - $50 payout. I can make a lot more long-term from my blog, so that's the route I'll have to go with the new payments.

I understand not using the exact same idea for another idea pin, but to not be able to use the same video or image makes it limiting for travel creators who do not travel all the time. Or for anyone who knows how to use an image or video a variety of ways. I can only pull from my past trips, and I don't always have a lot of high quality videos to use for idea pins to pull from. Before I could use them for a variety of completely different idea pins, but now I can't and the payout is so small compared to other platforms.

4 Kudos
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Hi  @liveloveruntravel  Oh! I didn't read that the images can't be from previous regular pins! That's so frustrating. You're right. 

0 Kudos
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

@nowhereiwouldratherbe Good to know you've had luck with affiliate links in your Idea Pins and I'm happy they are allowing Amazon affiliate links!! I've been meaning to use more affiliate links in pins and I'm trying to assess which types of items would be the best fit for my audience ( I cover travel & lifestyle).

0 Kudos
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

@humblelovingsouls Wow 70K?! Do you happen to know what Tik Toker it was? Man I wish I had joined the program earlier. I'm so discouraged now, seeing the May pay for challenges. 

1 Kudo
humblelovingsouls
Loves to help

@elizabethashleykelsey I don't recall her tag on tiktok, but if you search pinterest rewards on there she is one of the few people talking about it. Yes, I'm in the same boat. I could have submitted rewards in March but didn't understand how it worked until the end of the month and was only able to submit 2 rewards and one disappeared after approval and I don't have a screenshot. I am really hoping they change the rewards for May but it doesn't seem like they're going to. 

0 Kudos