Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What's the best way to start pinning outside of your original niche?

humblelovingsouls
Loves to help

Hi!

I've stayed within the same subject for a while now and would like to branch out as I am interested in multiple subjects. Since most of my content has been in my original subject and that's where most of my following comes from I don't want to scare them off. I know I can create new boards, but I'm wondering if it is better to just start a new account. I really would just like to stick to my main account if possible. Would love to get your thoughts 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @humblelovingsouls 

Welcome to PBC! 

As you know it's always best to have a niche because you can't be everything to everybody. Having a niche also sets you up for success as the go-to expert in your category. 

What is the reason for branching out to your current niche and what exactly is your niche? 

When branching out think of what your target audience would want from you? Hopefully it's an area that you have a ton of knowledge about. This will make it easy for you to create content. 

I look forward to your answers so I can give you additional advice. Thanks

1 Kudo
humblelovingsouls
Loves to help

@pinterestmarketingexpert 

I just have multiple interests that I am very knowledgable on. I think the 2 niches may be too different to start branching out in that way. I have a good following and I wouldn't want to lose them. So I think I will just stick with what I have going on right now. Thank you for your reply!

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

That's a smart move @humblelovingsouls 

If they are too different you'll have to decide which one will be more successful on Pinterest. I would choose the area that you are extremely passionate about. As business owners we have a lot of challenges and you need a ton of reasons why you should keep doing what you're doing.

You want to continually be inspired and motivated in your work because your competition who really loves what they do will not stop at winning. Does that make sense? 

Good luck with all and feel free to stop any time. There are many wonderful Pinterest Pioneers in this community that can help you so thank you for visiting us. 

0 Kudos