Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Video Pin issues for anyone else?

hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi group! Is anyone having issues uploading Video Pins? It's been a couple weeks now and I think a glitch would have worked itself out. It looks like I successfully create a video pin (all the correct specs, looks like it's published) but then it never shows up as Pinned. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @hostesstori I'm replying to your missed question from the spreadsheet LOL 😄 

Did this work itself out for you? We never saw a widespread issue with this with our clients. 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia Hi! No actually I still get this issue. Some days I can Pin videos just fine, other days it says I pinned it but when I go to view the Pin it's not there. This happens across several accounts for me. So odd! I can't find a commonality like video size or anything. All the videos are pretty much the same size. 

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hostesstori How weird! Do you check the accounts you pin those missing video pins on from another account to see if maybe it's just that you can't see them from inside that account? I know that's happened to me a couple times. 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia I still can't figure it out, so weird! And no it isn't visible from any account. They say they publish but then it says "welp! we can't find your Pin" 

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hostesstori  Are you using the web version to upload or an app?

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I was using desktop. I always uploaded Mp4 with no problem BUT to see if that was the problem I converted to MOV and it worked! 

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Nice! Strange how that worked for you before and then didn't suddenly. Glad a solution was found! 

-Tabby

0 Kudos