Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Troubleshooting: Blank Idea & Video Pins

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey PBC,

After uploading Idea and Video Pins, half the time the pins appear blank. Fortunately, the pins aren't blank when viewed on other accounts as some of my "blank" pins have gone viral.

Reading conversations on this topic in other posts, I do not edit on Pinterest and rarely edit cover so that solution doesn't apply.

The blank pins happen for Videos more so than Idea pins even though I'm repurposing the same video content for Idea pins.

I've attached two screen captures for reference.

Thank you in advance for any insights! 

@BestFunGifts 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for taking a look on different browsers @michaelbliss !

Interesting point re: Andriod vs iOS differences...though my iphone and Windows laptop shows that the pins are blank. However, if I switch to a client's account, I can view the pins clearly.

On my Windows laptop, I'm using Canva to create the pins. Then after downloading the pins to the laptop, I upload the pins onto Pinterest via desktop.

Thanks again for your insights!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @BestFunGifts , that's definitely odd this would be happening. I can see how you might be frustrated.

I looked at your account with several browsers, along with Android devices and had the same result you are seeing. But, at least for me, iOS seems to show the pins.

You mentioned that you're not using the Pinterest app, what software are you using to create the pins? Can you talk me through the process you create and upload the pins?

0 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for taking a look on different browsers @michaelbliss !

Interesting point re: Andriod vs iOS differences...though my iphone and Windows laptop shows that the pins are blank. However, if I switch to a client's account, I can view the pins clearly.

On my Windows laptop, I'm using Canva to create the pins. Then after downloading the pins to the laptop, I upload the pins onto Pinterest via desktop.

Thanks again for your insights!

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@BestFunGifts  I would try uploading the pin from your iPhone, I've had issues in the past when I've used the desktop version. Hopefully that will help.

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

thanks, will try that and see how it goes!

it's definitely easier and faster to create/upload from my laptop but probably worth the extra time to upload via mobile.

2 Kudos