Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tailwind Scheduler

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello Community!

It's been over a year I am using Tailwind for scheduling my posts on Pinterest. Recently I had a problem like I am scheduling 5 post per day but only 3-4 of them are posting and the other posts get lost. When I go to created tab on Pinterest I can't see my scheduled posts but they show up in the boards I've chose them to be pinned. Does anyone experienced something like this&Should I contact with Tailwind about this problem?

P.S. After recovering month my profile again started to lose monthly impressions.

I already lost 2 k impressions within one week. I am looking for new alternatives to increase my pin reactions, if you have any ideas, please share it with me. 🙂

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tailwind
Loves to help

Hi Sophia 🙂

Are you saying that 1-2 Pins per day are not being sent to Pinterest at all? If that is the case, please do email us so we can figure it out.

As for the Pins that show up in your Boards but not your Created tab - have you claimed your website on Pinterest? If so, they should be showing up there (assuming the Pins link to that site). 

If you've claimed your site and they are not showing up in Created, please do email help@tailwindapp.com so we can look into it for you. 

Thank you, and thank you @PinterestGabby for the tag! 

~ Alisa

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
12 Replies
michellebuckdesigns
Just visiting

I would email Tailwind because they can take a look into your account and see what's happening.

A lot of people have been losing impressions because of Pinterest changes. Do you have Story Pins? I have been able to increase my impressions and engagements by creating new Story Pins. Also try using video for more interactions.

2 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

It should be noted, that at this time Tailwind does no support rotation of Story Pins.

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@michellebuckdesigns 

Hi! Thank you for your response, yeah I am also thinking of emailing to Tailwind.

I used to get tons of impressions for my Story Pins but I lost it all after las Pinterest update. Now my story pins barely gets 2k impressions, I don't want to waste my time on something which is not working.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, everyone! Tagging in @tailwind for visibility to this and if they can provide any further guidance. 🤞

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Hi Sophia 🙂

Are you saying that 1-2 Pins per day are not being sent to Pinterest at all? If that is the case, please do email us so we can figure it out.

As for the Pins that show up in your Boards but not your Created tab - have you claimed your website on Pinterest? If so, they should be showing up there (assuming the Pins link to that site). 

If you've claimed your site and they are not showing up in Created, please do email help@tailwindapp.com so we can look into it for you. 

Thank you, and thank you @PinterestGabby for the tag! 

~ Alisa

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@tailwind Hi!

They are sent to Pinterest but not showing up on the Created tab.

Yes, I claimed my website: https://www.americanocrystals.com/

But I also use links of my Etsy shop, but some of them with Etsy links show up, some not.

For example, these pins from Swarovski Jewelry are not showing up in Created tab of my profile.Capture.PNG 

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals 

Sophia,

As to story pins and boosting traffic... whereas I used to get 12K impressions on average with highs up to 19K on a single story pin, now they yield less than 1K impressions. I test one out every couple of weeks but still get the same results (less than 1K). I've had lots of luck with videos, however, and a length of six seconds seems to be the sweet spot for me. My account has rebounded from an audience of 100K to 2.1M in about three months with the second 1M coming in just one month. I am with you, I've given up on investing time in story pins. My best guess is that Pinterest is promoting video over story pins now and that an influx of short videos from Tik Tok has something to do with that. The fact that story pins are now appearing on top of all other pins in the created tab tells me that they are failing and Pinterest is trying to give them some added exposure. It's also possible story pins just don't work for a completed commercial product versus a service. Story pins may be fine (or even ideal) for DIY or recipes but may no longer translate well from pure product sales. The ironic thing is, I used to use story pins to actually tell stories - 1000 word short stories - and they were initially real successful.

I see that you use videos for your products and they look well produced. If they take too long to produce consider using a photograph with an overlay of a border from a free site like videezy. As long as you reference their name in the description, they are free to use. Here's and an example of still photographs with a little video boarder or background applied. These videos tend to attract way more attention than just a static pin. I also add music on occasion. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/686587905688717141/ 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/686587905688110776/ 

I think the regular use of video steers more traffic to my site, as well, and elevates the exposure of static pins.

I'm also a big proponent of featuring like minded products to mine in separate boards. Since I write word removed per Community Guidelines dystopian apocalyptic fantasy books, I have no problem dedicating whole boards to Percy Jackson, Harry Potter or the Hunger Games. I figure it brings in similar traffic. However, even when I am promoting another book series, I only use original pins and I place my logo in the bottom corner. The over all goal is that someone will look a these pins and say, "He knows his Percy Jackson or Harry Potter, so his books must be good too..."

https://www.pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel/pins/ 

Chris

2 Kudos
thespoiledhome
Just visiting

Start using story pins and switch to video for your more traditional pins. I have found that since story pins have rolled out, people aren't as interested in just looking at pictures. I pretty much only use tailwind for Tribes/Communities. Otherwise, I create all of my Pins on Pinterest. This also allows me to tag my products...which I cannot do in Tailwind. You can see our feed, here.

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Hmm, that is odd. Don't you love an intermittent problem?! Please, please email help@tailwindapp.com so they can look into your specific case. Wish I could give you a better answer right now, but it's a head scratcher.

1 Kudo