Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tagging Other Pins on Idea Pins

pacecreative
Just visiting

Hi Everyone! 

I have a question about tagging on Idea Pins. I know a new feature is the ability to tag products but is there a way to tag other pins that are not products? For example, I am going to do a series of Idea Pins that focus on things that have inspired me lately – basically a highlight reel or even a mood board of sorts that showcases recent things I've pinned on Pinterest. I'm big on making sure I source and credit images that I share, so I wanted to see if that is possible. If so, how do I do that? If that is not possible, I think it would be a great feature to have. I know a lot of creatives like graphic designers, photographers, interior designers, etc., create and share mood boards. It could be really beneficial when sharing trends on Idea Pins as well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Hello there @pacecreative ! I'm afraid that is not possible. It must be a product Pin from a merchant's catalog. It'a cool idea though. PS - you won't break anything by trying. If you add a link that won't work, it just gives you a message that the link didn't work. Ask me how I know. 😉

3 Kudos
pacecreative
Just visiting

Thanks @alisammeredith! I figured that it wasn't possible but thought I would ask. Maybe one day!

I might try using the product tagging feature to see what happens. 

0 Kudos
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

Hi @pacecreative,

You can't tag pins, but you can always tag the user as a way of giving them credit, however, I highly recommend asking the user if they want their content to appear on your Idea Pins before tagging them. It'll make everything harder but sometimes they don't like this and they can report your content. 

- To tag a user you should add a sticker and you will be able to find the creators by their names. It's the best way as the sticker is clickable and people can visit the creator's profile and give them a follow too. 

I work with content creators and we report when we see they share their content even if they share the source (they do it in the comments!) and they steal 100% of the content, I'm sure you are not going to do that but just in case it's better to stay in a safe zone. 

1 Kudo
pacecreative
Just visiting

Thanks @freshpinscreators! So helpful and I forgot about the sticker option.

I'm not trying to steal anyone's content but good advice on how to stay in the safe zone. 

0 Kudos