Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Story Pins Won't Let Me Add a Website

melissanikohl
Just visiting

I have access to Story Pins, but when I try to add my website it won't let me. I can see the option for one second and then it disappears before I can add a website. 

Anyone else having trouble?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya, @melissanikohl! Was just about to follow-up on this. 🙂 

Currently, we do not support external website links within Story Pins. Story Pins are designed to help you tell your full story on Pinterest, with multiple pages of video, images, and text in a single Pin. We designed this format to give creators [like you!] everything you need to bring an idea to life entirely on the Pinterest platform without the need for external links. This new immersive, action-oriented format is something our Pinners love, which translates into better engagement and growth from your on-platform audience.

Our products are constantly evolving to better serve our creator community, and part of this is building new formats like Story Pins to help creators publish richer content and grow their following with content that’s built solely on the Pinterest platform. Having higher engagement with Story Pins will enhance the growth of your audience on Pinterest and beyond. 🚀 

#Protip - try adding a CTA to your Story Pin to follow your profile for related content!

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
5 Replies
melissanikohl
Just visiting

Just in case anybody runs into the same problem, I was told that there is no option to add a website to story pins at this time and to wait for future updates. 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya, @melissanikohl! Was just about to follow-up on this. 🙂 

Currently, we do not support external website links within Story Pins. Story Pins are designed to help you tell your full story on Pinterest, with multiple pages of video, images, and text in a single Pin. We designed this format to give creators [like you!] everything you need to bring an idea to life entirely on the Pinterest platform without the need for external links. This new immersive, action-oriented format is something our Pinners love, which translates into better engagement and growth from your on-platform audience.

Our products are constantly evolving to better serve our creator community, and part of this is building new formats like Story Pins to help creators publish richer content and grow their following with content that’s built solely on the Pinterest platform. Having higher engagement with Story Pins will enhance the growth of your audience on Pinterest and beyond. 🚀 

#Protip - try adding a CTA to your Story Pin to follow your profile for related content!

3 Kudos
melissanikohl
Just visiting

Thank you for following up! This is a really cool feature, I can't wait to see what's next! Thanks for the CTA tip!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

You bet!! Hope you enjoy the long weekend. 🙂 

2 Kudos
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

Story pins don't allow for links.

The recommendation is for you to have a call to action in the last slide of your story pin deck 

0 Kudos