Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Story pins reach declining

ayaliemarketing
Just visiting

Hello!

I've been experimenting with story pins for about a month now and it seems like their reach has declined tremendously, but only for certain topics / type of content.

For example, I would publish a Recipe Story Pin and it would get about 6K impressions, but then, 2 or 3 weeks later, those impressions dropped to about 200-300 (even for a very similar content).

Is there some reason why this is happening? 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ayaliemarketing thanks for starting this thread! Could you share over some of the Story Pins you've created? I looked at your profile and do not see any that are live. 

In general, be sure you are following our Story Pin best practices -- 

• Great Story Pins are helpful, inspiring, or different. People can act on them. So, plan yours out like you would a real story. Aim for a beginning, middle, and end. Avoid adding links or making it look like an obvious ad or overly promotional. Also, video is your best friend. 📌

cc: @AmericanoCrystals@therealsouthamerica 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
10 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@ayaliemarketing Hi there!

I have the same problem, my Story pins used to get 10-12 k impressions, suddenly it droped by 1-2 k impressions. I only use high quality content for my stories, so sad to see their reach declined tremendously.

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@ayaliemarketing I had the same problem but what I noticed is that they would drop and then within time they would come back up. Lisa

0 Kudos
ayaliemarketing
Just visiting

You mean you'd publish a story pin, it wouldn't get many impressions at first, but then after a few hours or days, they would grow?

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@ayaliemarketing @AmericanoCrystals I would publish a story pin it would get a lot of likes etc. and then after maybe 3 days all of the stats would drop not to zero but under 1k then for example the following week the likes and states would just come back - I did not file a ticket or call support but let it do its own thing.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
ayaliemarketing
Just visiting

Oh, I see. Haven't experienced anything like that before. On my end, I would post 1 story pin and it would get 5-6K impressions, saves, likes and all of that. The next week, I would post a new story pin (with similar content) and it would only get 50-300 impressions, barely any saves or likes. It never grew more than that

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@ayaliemarketing To be fair haven't had that for a while now - they seem to have worked out the kinks but I am sure some people are still having issues. I have had pins doing the same thing, again I don't file tickets or call support and let them do what they do - I know not everyone agrees with that solution but I have found that works best for me. Lisa😁

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ayaliemarketing thanks for starting this thread! Could you share over some of the Story Pins you've created? I looked at your profile and do not see any that are live. 

In general, be sure you are following our Story Pin best practices -- 

• Great Story Pins are helpful, inspiring, or different. People can act on them. So, plan yours out like you would a real story. Aim for a beginning, middle, and end. Avoid adding links or making it look like an obvious ad or overly promotional. Also, video is your best friend. 📌

cc: @AmericanoCrystals@therealsouthamerica 

2 Kudos
ayaliemarketing
Just visiting

Sure thing! I haven't been able to publish any story pins on my account yet because unfortunately, I don't have that option. So I'm going to share some that I created for my clients.

For example, these two I published yesterday for the same account within about an hour.

The first one got 46 impressions, the second one got 6.2 K impressions.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/559150109991849025/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/559150109991849223/

I can understand that one type of content may be more trendy than the other one, but that seems like an enormous difference to me.

1 Kudo
joycolorr
Just visiting

I just tried 3 - 4 story pins on my pinterest account which has 2 million followers but I got 130, 90 and 300 impressions on each of the pins.. Moreover, a friend of mine told me, story pins impressions declined to -70% from 1 December. I hope pinterest will solve this issue in no time.. 

Regards!

Amber

0 Kudos