It's just not the same without you
Join the Pinterest Business Community to find out what other users are discussing and creating.

Story Pin Suggestion

jfishkind
Posts regularly

I am not sure if I am missing it, but is there a way to link the story pin to my website? I love the story pins, but they are a lot of work if they cannot generate traffic.

2 Kudos
8 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jfishkind! Currently, we do not support external links with Story Pins. This thread has the answer to your question and some more info if you want to check it out. 📌

Edited to update link in thread: 6/7/20

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
jfishkind
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby this link goes to Spotify LOL! 

1 Kudo
patternprin0022
Posts regularly

I think you put the wrong link in. it takes you to spotify. Where is the answer?

0 Kudos
ideachicretail
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

here is @PinterestGabby response in another thread, perhaps the one she tried to link. "we’re always experimenting with new products and features, and sometimes we iterate on a product to improve your experience. The most recent version of Story Pins does not support links, but you may see Story Pins that were published using a different version of the product. Hope this helps! 📌

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts https://www.pinterest.com/ideachicretail/
1 Kudo
ideachicretail
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

While links would be great. In the mean time there seems to be priority to the stories and like videos I see more activity faster which is bringing general increase in monthly viewers and other on Pinterest stats, which could drive to website. I think that is happening in my experience.

David

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts https://www.pinterest.com/ideachicretail/
0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh gosh...well, now everyone here knows my love for Willie Nelson. 😅

I just updated my comment with a link to the correct thread, but @ideachicretail is right! Thank you for the assist there, btw.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

2 Kudos
jfishkind
Posts regularly

LOL - 

I will say, I love the idea of the story pins and how they function, but they do take a good amount of time to create them. For me personally, in order to invest the time, I would need it to be able to link to my site. Especially because my site focuses on food, I need a way to get my audience the entire recipe and instructions.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback, @jfishkind! We'll make a note of this and share with our internal teams. 😊

0 Kudos