Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Static Pins

letthemeatgfcake
Just visiting

Hi, everyone!  I'm wondering if static pins are still a thing for anyone else.  I've been focusing on creating idea pins, mostly because I've noticed every time I create a static pin it gets ZERO clicks or saves and barely any impressions (like under 100)!!!  Is there even a need for me to take the time to create static pins if none of them are being seen?  Thanks!!

Kim

letthemeatgfcake.com

1 Kudo
11 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @letthemeatgfcake 

TIPS for food verticals that we found our clients having success with:

1. Standard pins

- create step by step screenshots in a multi tiled image.

- numbered text overlay; for example "65 Vegan Recipes to..."

2. Video pins 

These will at least get you outbound links versus IDEA pins. 

3. Investing in ads

Pinterest is a business for profit. They need to please their investors. 

0 Kudos
jlfitnessmiami
Just visiting

I don't do static pins anymore. I've been solely focus on idea pins. They get more engagement but I do miss the outbound clicks from the normal posts.

2 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

@jlfitnessmiami I see you've done a lot of infographics. How are those doing for you? Videos have done well in your vertical. What's your challenge for doing videos? 

0 Kudos
jlfitnessmiami
Just visiting

My challenge is time. The videos aren't too difficult to make. I'm trying to make at least one idea pin a week but even that is hard. Will keep trying.

The last idea pin I posted was 2 weeks ago. Untitled-3.png

0 Kudos
leahmariemarketing
Just visiting

Hi @letthemeatgfcake!

How old is your Pinterest account? Pinterest is more of a long-term game now, and it can take weeks or even months for new pins to get indexed and start ranking. If your account is new, you may just need more time before static pins pick up! If it's an older account, how are your older pins performing? One of my older accounts is still performing really well with static pins. Also, make sure you're staying up to date with Pinterest best practices and strategies!

Hope this helps!

- Leah (Pinterest @leahmariemarketing)

3 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

1. Videos of you will produce the best ROI.

2. Have you checked to see how you're infographics are performing? Use them as part of your Standard Pins strategy. It works best for your type of business. 

***Remember when it comes to images, there are certain types of images that works best for certain verticals. NOT all designs work for all verticals so be careful when people preach that any Standard Pin will do well. 

3. What doesn't cost you time will cost you money. So if you have the money you need to start investing in ads. Organic traffic just isn't what it used to be. 

1 Kudo
letthemeatgfcake
Just visiting

Thanks so much for the advice @pinterestmarketingexpert!  I'll take it all into account and hopefully run with it 🙂

1 Kudo
letthemeatgfcake
Just visiting

My account is over 3 years old, but I have actually noticed my older static pins are performing well still.  I thought it was so strange because now my older pins are outperforming all of my idea pins, which wasn't the case when I first started creating idea pins (the idea pins were on top).  That's good to know that the static pins might just need more time to be indexed and start ranking, similar to dealing with Google and new posts and rankings.  

Thanks for your insight @leahmariemarketing!!  

1 Kudo
egruening
Just visiting

I 100% still do static pins because while they are low on traction now they WILL see traction in the future, the future when I have moved onto other things and now see old pins still driving to my website. Most of my saves & clicks are from content I posted 8 months and longer (like years ago). 

Idea pins are the way to go for right here and right now, but since they currently don't drive to my website (only a potential visit to my profile and THEN maybe website) I'm not making them my only pinterest strategy. 

I am not spending all day though on those pins. I do what needs to be done to eventually be seen but I don't spend hours and hours on static pins like I used to (stressing over placement of text etc.). I make it look nice, do keywords and move on. 

Good luck! Maybe this paypal sale that seems to be happening will put a much need change back into the platform that favours those who supply the cotent for the platform (fingers crossed!). 

0 Kudos