Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Setting Up shop with a Business Account ➕ Tips for NON-Shopify Users 🛍

andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello PBC Members! 

Getting your store connected to Pinterest is now easier than ever with improvements based on YOUR feedback! 

I thought I would make a 'review' post to help outline what this process looks like and give some tips for those who are NOT using Shopify as your E-commerce platform. 

Create a Business Account_Halstead.pngPinterest curious (2).png

Pinterest curious (2).png

For Shopify users here is the link to the app you can plug into the backend of your Shopify store to automatically connect your product catalog and tracking pixels - https://apps.shopify.com/pinterest

For NON-Shopify users here are some additional resources since much of this process will need to be done manually.

Product catalogs tend to cause the most confusion due to the non-standardized file formatting of platform-specific data feeds.

This is a wonderful resource that thoroughly breaks down how to optimize your data feed that even technically challenged users can understand. Download it - Here.

For Squarespace users, I created a step-by-step process on how to handle all the integrations manually. You can access that - Here.

For more information on getting started on catalogs and getting integration partners to handle product catalogs for NON-Shopify users go - Here.

Pinterest curious (2) copy.png

To apply for the Verified Merchant Program you can do so - Here.

This is a resource to maximize Pinterest as a merchant selling on the platform if you're just getting started - Here.

I hope this helps to clarify how to get started with shopping on Pinterest! 🤓📌

@PinterestJazmin 

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrealidesigns Thank you for sharing these actionable tips on how to set up shop! This is such a wonderful resource. Appreciate the additional info you shared for non-Shopify users as well!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
8 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@andrealidesigns Thank you for the useful info, I am sure it will give a lot of ideas to new users who needed these. 

1 Kudo
KaileysMonogramShop
Loves to help

@PinterestJazmin is this an option for Etsy shop owners yet? Thank you 

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@KaileysMonogramShop No but you can claim your Etsy Shop. Here are the instructions to do so - https://support.tailwindapp.com/en/articles/3151819-how-do-i-claim-my-etsy-shop-on-pinterest

I hope that helps! 🤓📌

2 Kudos
KaileysMonogramShop
Loves to help

Yes I have done that - thank you! Time to get busy and make a website…… need more hours in my day! 

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@KaileysMonogramShop Omgoodness I totally hear you! Good luck! 🤓📌

1 Kudo
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrealidesigns Thank you for sharing these actionable tips on how to set up shop! This is such a wonderful resource. Appreciate the additional info you shared for non-Shopify users as well!

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestJazmin My pleasure! 🤓📌

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Fantastic info!

0 Kudos