Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Profile customization with Create vs Saved

robayre
Just visiting

A few years ago I noticed that my pinterest profile automatically shows my "Created" pins, rather than what it used to show, which was my "Saved" pins and all my boards.

I used to take a lot of time organizing and arranging my boards how I liked them, but then suddenly it started showing the Created pins, which are just in chronological order of pins I've originally pinned, but not necessarily my original content. I have spent so much time looking on pinterest for a way to switch it back to view my boards first, so that people can see all the things I pin and the way I want them presented.

I'm attaching a pic that shows the two views. The one on the left is what is showing up automatically, while it used to be the right (and what I'd prefer it to go back to)

Meanwhile, I've seen other pinterest profiles that show the Saved/Boards view first rather than Created side.

Please help, thanks in advance

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@robayre 

Hi Welcome to the PBC😎

I read your post and I want you to know you are not the first person to address this issue or want it back the way it used to be. To my knowledge there is no customization for showing Created vs. Saved Boards if you have seen it on other profiles its possible that those Pinner’s have not updated or are working from an older version of Pinterest.

I would encourage you to reach out to Pinterest Support if you want a more detailed answer.

I am glad you posted here in the PBC and I hope that if you have other questions please post here in the community.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@robayre 

Hi Welcome to the PBC😎

I read your post and I want you to know you are not the first person to address this issue or want it back the way it used to be. To my knowledge there is no customization for showing Created vs. Saved Boards if you have seen it on other profiles its possible that those Pinner’s have not updated or are working from an older version of Pinterest.

I would encourage you to reach out to Pinterest Support if you want a more detailed answer.

I am glad you posted here in the PBC and I hope that if you have other questions please post here in the community.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

3 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Seconding what @bodymindmood said here! Right now, you can't customize those tabs. Your main profile URL will automatically land on your "Created" tab. People can theoretically click on your "Saved" tab to see your boards.

A pro tip here would be to be sure your cover image, bio, and profile name are optimized for conversions (like follows, website taps, etc), since those also show on your Created tab. 

Hope that helps a bit, too! 

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@robayre @JanaOMedia 

Its true I think the reasoning behind landing on the Created Tab which was initiated along side of Idea Pins aka Story Pins was so that Pinner's would see Idea Pins introducing the Creator & Business and then providing an opportunity for the Pinner to be inspired to click on the Saved Tab...I think.

I agree with you @JanaOMedia about Cover Image, Bio, & Profile Name being optimized but I truthfully believe you can have the most optimized profile but if people are not interested in what you do or what you offer solutions to what they are searching for, then you can have all the optimization in the world its not going to get them to click on the Saved Tab. 

Lisa

1 Kudo