Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Organizing Pins and Boards

BlanchesPlace
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I started using Pinterest right from the beginning. It is one of the best traffic-generating resources for my business. At first I used it for personal and business so I have several boards of various topics. Since I am concentrating on business building-should my focus apply to my business? Would it hurt anything to merge boards that don't reflect my business, they are just cute pictures I pinned.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BlanchesPlace
Just visiting

I had several boards for business ideas and graphic design ideas. I made those secret. Most of the boards are for me anyway, but I like the idea of also sharing using information. Thanks for the suggestion

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
5 Replies
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Hey,

I think it is good to keep a personal feel to your business stuff. Plus you will get more people integrating with those boards as while. Which ultimately get more people to see your content.

Think of it like this -  if I came to your profile and saw a bunch of business stuff but didn't want to really pin any of them because I am not ready to buy or use your product. But then I see a bunch of cute photos which makes me want to stick around and maybe when I am ready to buy something I will remember your account.

More exposure the better I say! But I think it is good to make sure people know what they are buying too. So maybe not overwhelm them with personal pins. Fine a good balance of the two. 

3 Kudos
schowachert
Just visiting

I suggest any boards that are related are okay - remove boards that do not relate to the business positioning of my account - rather than deleting any unrelated boards in my account (because like you I shifted from personal to business), I made my personal interest boards "secret" so that I can still access and use them, but they don't take away from my public "Brand" and account focus. This worked really well for me

3 Kudos
BlanchesPlace
Just visiting

That is a great suggestion. I agree, it's like viewing a person's Facebook profile before you accept that friend request. It is creating the lifestyle essence I want for my boards, not just products. Thanks

1 Kudo
BlanchesPlace
Just visiting

I had several boards for business ideas and graphic design ideas. I made those secret. Most of the boards are for me anyway, but I like the idea of also sharing using information. Thanks for the suggestion

2 Kudos
dishitoutsocial
Just visiting

Pinterest looks at your account as a whole to figure out who your target audience is. They look at all the pins and boards on your account. I never recommend putting personal pins or boards on your business account. When Pinterest knows what your account represents they will show your pins and account to the people who have shown interest based on their past behavior. 

Kyla - Dish It Out Social

profile pic (new).png

0 Kudos