Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Non-affiliate, non-product linking

donnagailblog
Just visiting

Ever since the Creator Rewards ended, I have not been using Pinterest. I do see value in this platform but not when I can’t link to anything besides a product page. I’m sure many creators like myself would like an expansion of the link function on Idea Pins to ALSO include landing pages to their blogs, or other sites, and also to include more affiliate sites since not all affiliate sites are approved for us. Is there any news on if the Product Link function for Idea Pins will be more than just PRODUCT linking?

2 Kudos
4 Replies
thesecondbutton
Just visiting

I got the impression that Pinterest was giving up on pushing idea pins since they no longer seem to be prioritized in profiles or in feeds. Are they still being pushed? are they actually worth the effort?

0 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

@thesecondbutton  Compared to my static pins, my idea pins have a better reach. But I hate they take away the highlight option for me. I just don't get why they gave up pushing idea pins. And why they rarely use idea pins in their verticals. I think they just want to push their new app now - the app I can't even download as I'm not located in the US.

0 Kudos
donnagailblog
Just visiting

If anything, Idea Pins are the only thing that are getting pushed right now. They stay at the top of everyone’s profile no matter how old. I have Idea Pins that were posted 2 years ago and they would stay above regular Pins that I could post today.

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi, all! Idea Pins are still very important for a successful Pinterest strategy - as they drive reach and engagement (and in turn, that helps all of our pins get better distribution - and helps our profiles get seen by ideal client types). 

AND Pinterest has said they are rolling Idea Pin links - Yay!- (to landing pages, blogs, Youtube videos, whatever link you want to add) "sometime in 2023." Hopefully it's soon. I want them, too! 

4 Kudos