Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

my account needs help

basicallywonderful
Just visiting

Hi!

I was told that my account was hit by a bug in the spam filter upon noticing a decline in my Pinterest traffic. 

Most (but not all) of my top ranking pins vanished completely from the search results and any pins that get re-pinned by other users only show on my iPhone notifications and not in my Pinterest analytics. My traffic is down of course and I don't know what's going on. 

I have been emailing Pinterest but the only replies I got were: yes, there is a bug in the spam filter that wrongfully flagged your account as spam and the second email said there was nothing wrong and that "it can take up to four days to rank". My pins are many months old! I do not believe that rep fully read or understood my issue - v frustrating. Then they stopped replying.

My account has still not been fixed so I do not know if I should continue pinning new pins, wait until it is resolved (if it ever will be), or open a new account (although that can also be affected!). 

Can someone please help me! I would greatly appreciate it! And I promise that my pins and content are good quality! many thanks in advance.

2 Kudos
6 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@basicallywonderful @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice Hi there I just saw your post while I can't give you exact answers I have tagged 2 of our Community Managers and I am certain they will be able to get you to the right person - keep any reference# number that Pinterest has sent to you in case either Gabby or Janice need it. I hope this will make you feel a bit better and please know that almost all of us have experienced something similar to you if not the same thing. Lisa😁

2 Kudos
basicallywonderful
Just visiting

Thank you so much, Lisa! I followed you too. Love your pins! Would be awesome to visit S America one day...

Yes, I have the reference numbers from the emails. 

Hope this issue gets sorted for us all. My livelihood depends on it, like so many others and am very sad and confused as to how this could have happened. 

2 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've noticed the same iPhone bug with my traffic drop. My audience is at 40% of what I once was. I only pin original new pins, videos, and stories. I do not repin. I highlighted the issue way back in May with impressions that vanish overnight. The help desk said they'd fix it by August and then closed my ticket. It took me 18 emails and weeks to get that response out of the Pinterest help desk. Now they want me to do the research to prove it is an issue all over again. I hate to say this. I really do. But my experience has told me that they don't have the technical know how, the will, or the staffing to fix this problem. Or they simply do not care. Or they are overwhelmed with the number of people reporting the same issue. I reported it in May. I was promised a fix by August by the help desk. I no longer believe it is forthcoming. I've tried to remain positive through out this experience but it is clear to me that Pinterest is violating its own rules by treating some accounts differently. If metrics are going to be wrong from a certain amount of Pinterest users, then all metrics should be removed from the platform until everyone is put back again on an even playing field. 

2 Kudos
jamesandmia

i am going through the same thing right now...i thought i was going crazy but i could tell something was wrong with my account. i have received one email thus far and nothing has been fixed as of yet. this is sad as i really enjoy posting on here but something needs to be fixed. 

2 Kudos
basicallywonderful
Just visiting

Well said. And yes, perhaps it is not fixable and they can't admit it. Who knows. And they must be overwhelmed with the amount of emails they're getting about this. 

I have read of people's accounts returning to normal only to be hit again. I'm so confused by what the exact cause is, if and when it will be fixed and if it will happen again or not. 

I hope one day soon all accounts get fixed however at present, it seems that mine is toast. So many hours invested in making pins and so many people (incl myself) invested money in courses... Totally agree about the metrics. Wow, your issues began in MAY.... and still not resolved in August.... !!!

2 Kudos
basicallywonderful
Just visiting

sorry to hear that. Maybe in the future all accounts will return to normal if and when the issue gets fixed. Fingers crossed. Until then, I'm thinking Instagram might be a good source of traffic. 

2 Kudos