Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Links are blocked as possible spam

planetagora
Labels (3)

I don't understand why Pinterest often blocks my pins with the message that the link is possible spam. In all these cases, they are my own websites. The last one was a link leading back to a book review. Meanwhile, I often link to my POD store, which is purely commercial, and I haven't had those links blocked. I wish I could find a set of rules regarding what links are acceptable. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @planetagora, welcome to the PBC! 🙂 

If you believe your catalog does meet the requirements, I would recommend
filing a ticket with our support team. They’ll be able to assist you with this! And if you have any questions about the guidelines, you can review them here.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

1 Kudo
planetagora

Thanks for the reply. I'm not quite clear about who is considered a "merchant." Is that anyone who posts on Pinterest or a special category? From the rules listed on that page, I can see that they may be blocking me because my domain is less than 9 months old. That at least makes sense. 

Another confusing topic on the page is affiliate marketing. I have read in many places that Pinterest allows affiliate links. I was not actually linking to affiliate products in these cases but I'd like to know for future reference. 

0 Kudos
castillosanlate

I have the same problem, pinterest blocked my blog as spam, I have been with them for 3 years and this is the first time something like this has happened to me, I have contacted them but no response, what can I do?

0 Kudos