Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Just created my first story pin!

4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

It's a test. I wanted to see how intuitive it is to do & I used content that I originally created for IG. Creating the story was so VERY easy & intuitive.

Only thing I think is missing is a way to link to original blog content like standard pins.

It will also be interesting to see if story pins help with reach.

Who else has been creating story pins? What's your experience & opinion so far?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/364580532340445665/

3 Kudos
15 Replies
GlowUpLibrary
Just visiting

Hi congrats on publishing your first pin. I know how nerve wrecking it can be. I just published my third original story pin and I love story pins. I'm a new blogger and most of my followers came from my story pin reach. I enjoy publishing video content so it's a good fit for me. Try using the voice over feature or adding music next time to elevate your pin. Keep up the great work 😀

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there 👋 I just saw your post and thought I would share.

@GlowUpLibrary @foodiehomechef @PinterestGabby 

I have been using Story Pins for a while and I started really focusing on my Fitness Content (I am pivoting my business a bit due to current travel situation) and I am a CPT I certified in AZ - 8 years.

I didn't really think anyone wanted to watch an over 40+ workout clearly I was wrong although my first few pins were good and the reach was okay I began to really hunker down on preparing my Story Pins and ensuring I was following all the suggestions being provided to me by other Creators and Pinterest.

Guess what......it worked and recently I had a huge success with one of my Story Pins (validation is awesome)!!!!! https://pin.it/WJHzYim 👈 this is the pin and although it perhaps is not as 'big' in some peoples eyes I felt super charged by the response. It's like it isn't for nothing and we all need a little validation from time to time.

A little video on Story Pin Reach Story Pin Reach .... The Numbers 👈 

I really enjoy doing Story Pins and I think in some ways its even better then just regular pins as you really do tell a story and in my case I have decided to do a weekly Story Pin Series (a suggestion by Pinterest at one of our meetings). Why? your probably wondering ..... I really enjoy the reactions and I am seeking to learn how to engage with people on Pinterest in a positive way (no negativity thank you). As for the links not being available I think its great as it provides an opportunity for people watching the story pins to really pay attention to you and what your presenting and I have no doubt that if they like what they see they will go and find you elsewhere on your site other social media and the like.

I am really glad you are doing the Story Pins and I think you will really love many of the Creators and Pinterest Managers that participate in the meetings they really are awesome people and have so much to share. Wonderful Experience!

Lisa😁

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there 👋

@GlowUpLibrary @PinterestGabby @foodiehomechef 

I actually did a fairly lengthy reply|post to your post and it is currently "Under Review" - I don't know why maybe I wrote too much?

Hopefully it will be approved and you can read what I wrote.

Lisa😁

1 Kudo
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

@GlowUpLibrary Great suggestions, thank you! I had no idea how easy & fun it would be. I'm definitely planning to do more & use all the features.

1 Kudo
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

@therealsouthamerica hopefully it will soon. Interested in your suggestions as well. I created this 1st pin from my laptop. Now I need to test on my phone.

1 Kudo
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

@therealsouthamerica Wow thanks so much for sharing your experience! Your pins are awesome! Following... I do a lot of old school exercises so I love that you show proper technique. I am now focused more on Yoga & Pilates b/c I tend to get really muscular really quick (not necessarily my best look).

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love the conversation here, and congrats on your first Story Pin, @4thHouseOnTheRight!! 💜 Tagging in some creators who may want to share their experience on the thread! @owlbbaking @healthyambitionsteam @MilestoneWellnessCoach @thespoiledhome @tomkatstudio @fabeveryday @mycancerchic @thatstylishnerd.

5 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@4thHouseOnTheRight thanks for the follow I just followed you back loving your account - old school that's the way to do it! 🙏 everyone looks good no matter what type of exercise they do my thoughts whatever it takes to keep you motivated and active is good. I have to stay in good shape to keep up with my extremely active 12 year going on 20 daughter. I never thought that anyone would bother watching .... seriously I was really surprised at any of the reach I achieved but there it is and of course I do think Story Pins had something to do with it its not a 60 video from somewhere else on the internet.

I am really glad you are here and have joined the Story Pin journey. Thank You.

Lisa😁

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi @PinterestGabby thanks for tagging in other people I wasn't sure who to tag exactly Well Done!

Lisa😁

0 Kudos