Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Introducing myself!

kkatfox
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello! 
I am a mom of a 2 year old and trying to navigate my way through finding myself again and my passions. 
Any help or guidance is appreciated 🧡 

thank you in advance! 

1 Kudo
4 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kkatfox 

Welcome to the PBC!

I was wondering if you would share more about what you want to achieve on Pinterest.

Lisa

1 Kudo
kkatfox
Just visiting

Hi!! 
eventually I would like to build my page and followers to be able to work Individual brand advertising leading to monetizing if possible. 
Thanks! 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kkatfox that sounds exciting.

I am tagging another pioneer @thehalcyonhive who may be able to give you some really good guidance on what you want to do.

I hope this helps and I hope you will keep coming back to the PBC.

Lisa

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @kkatfox!

I am a mom of two and know exactly what you're saying about finding yourself!  I give you kudos for recognizing the importance of that and seeking out ways to do that.  And, Pinterest is a great place to be!

@bodymindmood actually wrote a great post about getting started on Pinterest and how to leverage this community.  You can check it out here 👉🏻  Tips & Tricks for getting started on Pinterest & P... | Pinterest Business Community - 49214

Here are a few other tips for using Pinterest as a marketing tool and to monetize: 

• Identify who your target audience is - You want to optimize your account around this.  What keywords or phrases would they be searching for your content to show up? Think what are their problems that you have the solutions for.  Or how can you inspire them?

• Keep any personal boards secret or have a separate personal account - Pinterest tags our boards, pins, and accounts with topic interests.  This is how they know what pins to show people (aka Relevance).  So only create boards/content specific to your audience. 

• Create fresh content consistently - The algorithm will favor your account if you are consistently active.  You'll notice this in the increase in reach (aka views/impressions)

• Try to publish 1-2 idea pins a week, encourage engagement (ie. add a Call to Action on your pin to "Save for Later")

• Learn how to read your analytics - This Help Article is a good one to learn what each metric measures.

• Use the Trends Tool  - When figuring out what content to create, use this tool to see what topics are growing in searches.  You can narrow it by your area of interest or keywords, etc.  *Use the keywords you see trending in your Pin titles, descriptions, and text overlay on the pins.  

TIPS FOR HOW TO MONETIZE ON PINTEREST:

• If you have any products (physical, digital, courses, templates, etc), upload your catalog to your Pinterest account to get the "shop" tab
  • IMPORTANT if you plan to run ads - install your Pinterest tags on your website
  • Tag products (either from URL's or your catalog) on your Pins  - you can even tag affiliate links!
  • Create a value-packed freebie to grow your email list (i.e. have a sales funnel to get people on your list to nurture and pitch to)

I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have! 

Happy Holidays!

2 Kudos