Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea Pins, Am I Missing Something?

therecipepreserve
Just visiting

Hi! I'm trying to make Idea Pins.... all is good and then I get the Advanced Options section... it says "You’ve disabled shopping recommendations for your profile Edit profile settings"

So I go ahead as instructed, but on the Profile Settings, the toggle is switched On and has been on since I can remember.

Am I missing something?

Also, why cannot I view my Idea Pins Drafts created on Desktop on the mobile app?

I just feel like I'm always doing something wrong on Pinterest every time I get inspired and make an attempt 😐 I would love some insight on this because I would like to create Idea Pins and tag my products. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey there @therecipepreserve 

Are you *wanting* that setting turned on? 

I would actually try turning Shopping Recommendations off. Below it, you'll see the paragraph "Shopping recommendations aren't available for Idea ads and Idea Pins with product tags or paid partnership label" 

IMG_78FA0C290AE5-1.jpeg

Your drafts are only saved on the device you created the Idea Pin on. So, if you created the Idea Pin draft on desktop, you will only see it on desktop and vice versa

Tag me and let me know if that helps

-Tabby

0 Kudos
therecipepreserve
Just visiting

Hi! Thanks for the response! @simplepinmedia 

I'm trying to follow along here... My goal is that I would like to tag my products in Idea Pins. I've been told this is a feature on Pinterest in a forum post from someone at Pinterest.

While making the Idea Pin, there's nowhere for me to "tag" specific products, so I'm assuming the Shopping Recommendations feature is that feature? Or is this something different?

Either way, both features are not working for me. I am at a loss here because everywhere I look this is supposed to be easy to do, yet I cannot do any of it because my screen is showing the opposite of what the help guide is telling me.

I feel like I'm missing something and I have no idea what it is.

Below are screenshots of what it looks like when I'm trying to show Shopping Recommendations. When creating the Idea Pin or going in to edit it, the Shopping Recommendations feature is greyed out. Yet, it is toggled ON in my settings.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.10.37 PM.png

0 Kudos
therecipepreserve
Just visiting

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.10.02 PM.png

 This is what my settings look like.

0 Kudos
therecipepreserve
Just visiting

Okay, I see now that the Ideas Pins to tag products, you have to be on mobile device for the feature to appear. a.k.a my worst nightmare. It's so hard creating a regular pin on my phone let alone anything with multiple pages, etc. aaah noooo waaaay. I don't know how people do it! I'll have to wait until this feature is available on desktop version and try again 🙂 Thanks for your help.

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Oh yes, I'm sorry. I should have thought about that first. I just assumed you were on mobile. Yeah, it's tough to switch to mobile when we're used to working on desktop! 

I don't know that they will ever allow you to tag products on desktop... hopefully one day. IG still doesn't allow this on desktop and they've been at this tagging/linking thing on reels longer. 

Time will tell. Best of luck! Let me know if you want a little guidance on tagging on mobile. 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
therecipepreserve
Just visiting

Thanks again @simplepinmedia!

I'm on the mobile app now, just updated it. Creating an idea pin. I click the Stickers, then product sticker, and I am prompted to "Search Pins", how do I find my product pins? I type in my product name and can't seem to find my product pins, I see everyone elses. I type in my business name and nothing comes up but search queries that are not what I'm looking for.

I am a verified merchant and have a shop and catalog on Pinterest. Every step of the way with this I am getting lost. I also have the option to paste a link... I'm on my phone, where the heck am I supposed to copy my link from? If I leave the app, will my progress still be there? This is absolutely bonkers.

Everything is always communicated as being so easy yet I constantly feel I am doing everything wrong every step of the way. How do normal people do this?

I'm following the help article for IOS: https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/tag-products-in-your-idea-pins

It says... "Tap Search Pins at the top of your screen and select a product from your recently saved product Pins, or search for a product Pin using keywords in the search bar

• Filter the search results by selecting a brand name next to Sellers below the search bar"

How EXACTLY do I find myself? Thanks to anyone out there who knows!

UPDATE: I found myself by typing in my HANDLE ... not my business name!
Example: "therecipepreserve" works .... "The Recipe Preserve" does NOT work
my handle is @therecipepreserve 

So I try to tap on me when I pop up under the search bar, and I cannot. Nothing happens. When I click "Search" I disappear.

How do I find my product pins? Any advice would be amazing from anyone out there! Pinterest maybe?

0 Kudos