Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to spread positivity in hard times.

katherinebillit
Just visiting

I have noticed that it has been harder to stay positive and promote the same content in our current global situation. COVID-19 has impacted our world in indescribable ways and its normal for everyone to feel very anxious and moody in these unprecedented times. In turn, I think it is our role as creators to keep trying to inspire people and promote positivity, unity, and happiness in a rather dark world. Keep on creating 🙂

7 Kudos
10 Replies
Thebirchbarn
Just visiting

I couldn’t agree more. My mindset with my blog has been to acknowledge the trying times, keep things real, share my own personal truth and provide hope. Hope for brighter days. Hope that this too shall pass. 

2 Kudos
Captr_Mnts

For sure many are going through rough and tough times. Many may also have emotional or mental scars from this pandemic. I too think through creativity we can inspire people. I feel having love and gratitude for people’s thoughts and views helps in growing a creative and positive community. I think in this creative space we can make the impossible, possible. 😉☀️

2 Kudos
ideachicretail
Loves to help

We mail handwritten notes. The response is remarkable. But here is the little secret. It's as much for us the author as them who receives. Writing your thoughts about someone and sending it off not looking for likes or shares or even a response is very healthy. 

4 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

Oh wow, I love this. I've (Alisa) been doing this myself and it really feels good to literally send some love into the world expecting nothing in return, which is something that's been in some ways limited by social distancing.

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@katherinebillit I wish I could love this 12958273 times. Community, inspiration, love and hope is more important than ever right now. 

2 Kudos
melissariker
Just visiting

I've found that my role as a creator has never felt more important. I'm getting so much interaction from my audience both on social and my blog. They are responding to emails, leaving comments, and I feel in my own small way I'm helping them get through these weird times with new recipes to try, DIY projects, and cleaning tips now that many have the time to tackle those things! I do find it hard to focus on creating new content as much with all that's going on but work through it one day at a time.

2 Kudos
moreinmedia
Just visiting

I've been using the LinkedIn platform to 'love-bomb' those I've interviewed, worked with and met at conferences, leaving them unsolicited recommendations! it's a hit. People love it and it has created some amazing conversations and spread joy.  THIS is a time to spread joy with the smallest acts of kindness, as will as with big gestures. Do what you can, when you can with sincerity! 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@melissariker love that!

Unrelated but I just bought a Costco-sized gallon of vinegar to make some DIY cleaner solution to tackle some spring cleaning projects. Inspired by Pinterest, of course. 😉

1 Kudo
melissariker
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby I just bought a new gallon of vinegar to make homemade weed killer-it's one of my most popular posts on Pinterest! 

1 Kudo