Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to be better at pinning?

TapestryMall
Labels (1)

I can't be sure that I'm doing effective pinning. How can I improve myself in this regard?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hello @TapestryMall! Welcome to the PBC. It's hard to tell from your question whether you're looking for tips about creating pins... or frequency for adding new pins to the platform... 

So I'll drop a few resources for you - based on what I think you're seeking! 

This article from Pinterest is one I read and re-read whenever I'm thinking about growth on the platform - both follower growth and discoverability. It's so helpful: https://business.pinterest.com/en-us/blog/how-to-build-audience-pinterest/

Notice that, in this article above, Pinterest tells us: "Create fresh content weekly. The more you create, the more chances you’ll have to get discovered. Aim to create fresh Idea Pins every week to engage your current audience and maximize your potential to reach new people."

And then these two resources are great for learning about creative best practices for pins: 

https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/how-to-make-pins/ 

https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/creative-best-practices

I hope these help! 

0 Kudos
isabeltalensm
Posts regularly

Such a great question!!! The fact you’re asking yourself this already tells me you have the perfect inquisitive mind to get there!!!

@JanaOMedia has provided you with a range of great Pinterest resources. Here are my top 5 strategies for results:

1. Understanding pinning techniques to optimise the way you leverage Pinterest magic. You’ve got great references given by Jana here. I also have plenty on my idea pins and blog. 

2. Having content your audience REALLY wants. Now, this is easier said than done so before you skip too quickly, please keep on reading. We all think we know and tend to look at content from our own perspective. My pro tip is to spend some time deeply researching your audience regularly. Look at the following on Pinterest:

• Idea pins with great engagement: what are they about, and how is the content presented?
    • Pins that come top of the searches. What are they about?

3. Using video. Yes, simple but super effective. 

4. Focusing on your pin hook: your overlaid text title and, for video on idea pins and video pins, your first second of video. Your content is great but, if the hook is a flop, your ideal audience doesn’t even stop to look at your pins. 

Pro tip: Brainstorm 10 titles before you settle for one. Plus become very aware of titles in pins that attract your attention. Over time you’ll develop one of the most important skills. 😉

5. The more you do, the more you’ll improve and understand what works. Accept only c.10% of your content will truly peak. That’s just how it is! And look at Pinterest analytics to double down on the content that works.

When you keep your content creation simple (and imperfect), you’ll do more of it with less overwhelm. 

Seeking perfection can be a true stopper. Enjoy the process. Get some audience research done regularly and learn as you go.

My bonus tip: BE YOU. Your personality shining through your content will attract your super fans on Pinterest! 

You’ve got this! You have the right questions to be a superstar!

0 Kudos