Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How To Add Links To Story Pins ? Noticed a few accounts able to do it (added screenshots)

Animeshirtsclub
Just visiting

I've seen several people asking if links in story pins was a thing. I thought it was a myth until I saw this post , clicking the link takes you to their website. So my question is how do you do it ? Is it a feature only a few accounts have ? Would love some clarification. 

Screenshot_20200526-121716_Pinterest.jpg

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Animeshirtsclub, @therealsouthamerica , @allthingsamore@allaboutbabyblog  -- we’re always experimenting with new products and features, and sometimes we iterate on a product to improve your experience. The most recent version of Story Pins does not support links, but you may see Story Pins that were published using a different version of the product. Hope this helps! 📌

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
8 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@Animeshirtsclub @PinterestGabby - Hello is the link in a story a myth or real? @Animeshirtsclub is on to something.

Lisa

0 Kudos
allthingsamore
Just visiting

Could it be it was typed in page description section? 

0 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

Some countries have that feature. USA is not one of them xD

I heard that pinners in the UK can add links.

Let's hope we will get that feature soon too - otherwise the story pins are kinda pointless, at least for me.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Animeshirtsclub, @therealsouthamerica , @allthingsamore@allaboutbabyblog  -- we’re always experimenting with new products and features, and sometimes we iterate on a product to improve your experience. The most recent version of Story Pins does not support links, but you may see Story Pins that were published using a different version of the product. Hope this helps! 📌

5 Kudos
Animeshirtsclub
Just visiting

ok, thank you for clarifying !! lol i think it's better with links my two cents 🙂

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby okay that helps a lot - thank you.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
patternprin0022
Posts regularly

I am glad I am not the only one that is super annoyed at trying to figure out how to get a link on the story pins. I think that they are a wonderful thing, just wish I could like to the blog post where the recipe, etc. was written in full. Maybe that will be a future improvement.

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that feedback, @patternprin0022! That's helpful to bring to the attention of our product team. 😊

2 Kudos