Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How Does Pinterest Traffic Scale?

thekittycounty
Just visiting

Hello Guys!

Hope you are doing well and staying safe.

I wish to ask a question that has been bothering me for a while now.

So the strategy I have been following is that I have made it a point to create fresh pins for all my blog posts and I am pinning around 15 pins each day. 

And I am pinning these pins to less than or equal to 10 boards on my profile.

Currently, I am receiving around 250-300 pageviews every single day.

My question is how does my traffic scale from here? Is there a maximum cap (say 300 pageviews) that I will be able to achieve from Pinterest or will my traffic eventually grow to bigger and larger numbers?

How did it scale for you?

I will be highly grateful to any experienced personnel who addresses this question of mine.

Thanks and regards,

Shubham

0 Kudos
10 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @thekittycounty !

You can definitely get more out of Pinterest for traffic. 

It sounds like you're doing many of the right things to grow your Pinterest account! Pinterest takes time, patience, and consistency! Keep staying consistent and continue to learn best image design. Maybe try incorporating video or story pins to help draw attention to your brand. You'll want to give it at least 6-9 months with consistency to really be able to judge what kind of growth you can get out of Pinterest. Giving it a year is even better because this will show you your normal peaks and valley's through all the seasons of the year. 

Good luck! You're doing well! 

-Tabby

6 Kudos
thekittycounty
Just visiting

Hello @simplepinmedia 

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words 🙂

I guess I will keep pinning and learning as much as I can on the way.

So pinning the same pin to multiple relevant boards is still the way to go right?

Given of course I am restricting it to a maximum of 10 highly relevant boards.

Once again thank you for taking the time to clarify my query 🙂

Take care and stay safe!

1 Kudo
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@thekittycounty oh there's definitely room to scale tons of traffic 🙂 I am almost at your level too but with less daily pins 🙂
I do know blogger that get 10.000 views a month just from pinterest and others even 100.000 and more 🙂 

Since every account is different there is unfortunately no magic formula that works for everyone - I would also say we both just keep going and hopefully the traffic will keep going up too 🙂 

1 Kudo
simplesbellablog
Just visiting

Com tempo, trabalho, paciência e consistência o seu tráfego continua subindo. Desde 2017 utilizo o Pinterest para direcionar tráfego para o meu blog, desde então as visitas diárias só foram aumentando.

Continue firme com a estratégia que vem utilizando!

2020-07-11cop.png

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thekittycounty, welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your ideas and feedback too, @simplepinmedia and @allaboutbabyblog. ❤️ 

Pinterest is a visual platform, so developing helpful, beautiful, actionable content is the single biggest thing you can do to drive traffic and engagement to your profile.

• Use high-quality images. Make sure they’re high resolution pictures that are well-composed and in focus.
  • Go for taller Pins. Vertically-oriented Pins look better on mobile screens. The ideal aspect ratio for a Pin is 2:3 (600px wide x 900px high).
  • Be helpful! Pinners may not read your description, so be sure the image can stand on its own, or add text overlay to give more context. 
  • Include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin.
  • Write thoughtful, timeless copy. Pins last forever, so avoid descriptions that focus on timely promotional information.
  • Make sure your Pins link to a relevant webpage. High-quality landing pages rank better in our search results.
  • Include thoughtful descriptions on the stuff people save from your website. Learn how to add descriptions to the Save button on your site.
  • Rich Pins automatically add more information to your Pins and lead to higher engagement.

You can learn more about creating successful Pins in our creative best practices guide, and find examples of great Pins on our Pinterest account.

Hope this info was useful! 💕

4 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi @PinterestGabby I think the link for the Pin Factory Account might be mixed up? I'm seeing photos of actual pins, like the kind you clip to your shirt! 😋

0 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi @thekittycounty !! 

Just wanted to weigh in on pinning to multiple relevant boards - I find that I actually don't need to do this. I've been creating new pins and just pinning them once to one board (most relevant/board with the highest stats).

Repeat pins are not prioritized as much as they used to be. Pinterest has centered all of their business advice around creating "new, fresh content", so that's the only thing I do now and it's paid off. Since June, I've been only circulating new pins and my account has grown A LOT. 

That means I pin less which is great, but I make sure that I create high quality, well designed pins (following all the pointers that @PinterestGabby shared! 🙂

I hope that helps!!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ahh! Thanks @owlbbaking 🤦‍♀️ -- fixed! Sorry about the confusion, everyone! 

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Excellent advice as always @PinterestGabby !

1 Kudo