Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Followers and funds

143Pins
Just visiting

Hi all, 

I started my Pinterest account around a year ago, I reached 20 thousand monthly viewers which was really special for me. But I only had around 20 followers (mostly my friends). I post only my own content and I was wondering what should I do to gain followers? I have tried following others to get follow backs and recreating trending content and keeping my own niche/aesthetic. 

I was also wondering what I can do to get the creator fund. Which is my ultimate goal! As a student living in amsterdam is it even possible yet? If it is what can I do to achieve it?

Thank you,
Myrtle

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@143Pins 

Welcome to the PBC😎

Congrats! on hitting 20k viewers 👏

Its great that your creating your own content and using trending content.

In answer to your question about gaining more followers consider checking out this post How to build your audience on Pinterest 📈 written by a Pinterest Manager here on the PBC.

As a thought consider the content your creating and the people you are following - Are they in your niche? Do they post similar content or content that compliments your content? Have they engaged with your content? I would suggest before following people consider who your following and why your following them.

On the subject of Creator Fund I am tagging in other Pinterest Pioneers who can give you some on info on the Fund @michaelbliss @pinterestmarketingexpert 

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
2 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@143Pins 

Welcome to the PBC😎

Congrats! on hitting 20k viewers 👏

Its great that your creating your own content and using trending content.

In answer to your question about gaining more followers consider checking out this post How to build your audience on Pinterest 📈 written by a Pinterest Manager here on the PBC.

As a thought consider the content your creating and the people you are following - Are they in your niche? Do they post similar content or content that compliments your content? Have they engaged with your content? I would suggest before following people consider who your following and why your following them.

On the subject of Creator Fund I am tagging in other Pinterest Pioneers who can give you some on info on the Fund @michaelbliss @pinterestmarketingexpert 

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

As always, thanks for the tag @bodymindmood !

@143Pins   Here is an article about Creator Rewards, it's still in beta, but they are adding more people to the program. I'm not sure about the process Pinterest uses to add users, but hopefully Creator Rewards will be ready for general availability soon. Be sure to keep your app updated!

I hope this helps you.

To be eligible for the Creator Rewards program, you’ll need to have a Pinterest business account and meet the following criteria:
Use the Pinterest app on your mobile phone
Be 18 years or over
Be a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
Have at least 250 followers
Have created at least three Idea Pins in the last 30 days
Have 150 saves of your published Pins in the last 30 days
Create original content

2 Kudos