Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Engagement seems to be lower on the weekends? Please share your thoughts.

michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello everyone! Over the past year and a half, I've been seeing mixed results whenever I've posted Idea Pins on the weekends.

For whatever the reason, I've noticed if I post on Saturday mornings, engagements seem to do fairly well (not great, but fairly well), however Sundays in general aren't performing anywhere near as it has in the past. With that in mind, I've actually decided to post more often on Sundays just to see if engagement changes anytime soon.

Please take a moment and leave a comment; are you having success posting on the weekends? Saturday, Sunday, or both? Do you post at all on the weekends?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

6 Kudos
16 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Tagging @ArtsyCraftery @TailoredByTT @mmillerrr15 @AccentYourself @Monooutfit  to help start the conversation.

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Hi Michael: My scheduled Pinterest pinning/posting day is Tues. I missed this past week so trying to get something up today, Sat. I have other creative things scheduled on the weekend. Easiest for me to do social media during the week. The Tues Pinterest day is subject to change. I badly need a creative schedule and am crippling along in the beginning stages. 😄

Don't know what would have changed Sunday activity but I'd think that, in general, many people are involved in faith-based and day-of-rest activities that don't include much social media/online engagement. Seems to me that the COVID pandemic would have boosted weekend pinning, though.

2 Kudos
AccentYourself
Loves to help

Hello!  I have had mixed results!  For me, I think it’s all about the topic of my pins. Even then, some really good and informative pins get very few saves and engagements, while pins that I think are crappy…go viral…go figure!  😄 

Regarding weekends, I seem to get more saves, engagements and follows on weekends. I need to pay more attention to this. I do know that it all tends to slow down on submitting content towards the end of the month.  I post less the second half of each month to work on content for the upcoming month. So…less content means I get less views, which makes sense! 

3 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you @AccentYourself !

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCrafteryThanks for your input!

1 Kudo
veronikalipar
Loves to help

That is interesting. I never schedule my posts. I always create new pins the moment I publish a new blogpost on my blog. But my goal is to support my blog. I'm also not tactical with pin ideas. I post a new pin idea when I feel ready to inspire others. I guess that is another reason why my pins don't perform well. Still, is the right time one of the best practices? 

3 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@veronikaliparI like how you said, you post when you want to inspire others. That's a great way of putting it.

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Still, is the right time one of the best practices?

When I was posting a lot to Twitter years ago, it was a big thing to post and run Twitter bombs when the target audiences were most likely to be engaged. There is much research on the subject of posting certain days of the week and certain hour blocks of the day. I was not involved in these intense activities long enough nor did I pay close enough attention 😄 to notice a difference in organic traffic. There was, of course, increased engagement from the groups' participants. My views greatly increased because we were supporting each other. Eventually, I did not feel confident that these time sinks were worth it. While my views increased, sales did not.

I do think it is useful to take into consideration the habits of the general public or our demographics with regards to when they are most likely to be online, when they are most likely to engage and when they are most likely to buy.

1 Kudo
mmillerrr15
Posts regularly

Thanks for the tag! For me I’ve noticed I get almost no expressions or interactions on the weekend. There was one Sunday where I saw more than normal but it’s still very low compared to the other days. I see an influx on Thursdays (I post more pins on this day because of that)  and Fridays but by Saturday and Sunday it goes back to being low. The content I’m most excited about I stopped posting on the weekends because they didn’t go anywhere and it was a major let down. For instance I posted a pin on a Saturday and it got 9 expressions and then I posted the same thing on Monday morning and by the afternoon it had other a thousand expressions. Long story short my fav day to post is Thursday!

2 Kudos