Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Drastically different tag reporting

spacecherries

On my Analytics dashboard, it shows that there have been 20 page visits over the last 30-days. On the Conversion Insights dashboard, the graph shows that there has been no page visits in the last 30-days. Then on the Conversion -> Tag Manager, it shows that there has been 786 page visits in the last 30-days. 

Does anyone know what's going on?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey there @spacecherries Welcome to the PBC! 

There are a few variables here that would explain this discrepancy. 

1. Your Analytics dashboard has a lot of different filters - if the filters don't match what your Conversion Insights are saying then it's going to show different numbers. All filters need to be the same when compared to other Analytics sources. 

2. First, Conversion Insights is still in beta so read it with a grain of salt. And again you'll want to make sure your filter selections are the same if you're comparing them to your Analytics dashboard. 

3. The conversion tag manager calculates page visits from all sources. So, it should be showing you page visits from Pinterest and other social platforms, websites, etc. 

Does that make sense? Tag me and let me if that was helpful!

-Tabby

0 Kudos
spacecherries

Thanks! For #3, the Pinterest tag manager is tracking all visits my website receives? Not just the ones that come from Pinterest?

For #2, the Conversion Insights table is showing me the same number of page visits that the Analytics Dashboard is showing. But the Conversion Insights graph below the table isn't showing any data.

0 Kudos