Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creative best practices

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

Hi everyone -- @PinterestJanice and I noticed that there were so many great threads about creative best practices, that we wanted to merge everyone's contributions into one consolidated place for people to easily find creative tips and tricks from the community. 

Look forward to hearing you all share how to create inspiring content for Pinners! 🎨

#Protip: Be sure to check out Pinterest's creative best practices and see what other resources are available to you on the Pinterest Business site.

0 Kudos
38 Replies
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

What is the best font for a pin? That people want to engage with?

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great question, @RealWoodFloorsWP. While we don't have a 'one-size fits all' font that's best, you should try adding text overlay so the copy on your Pin image stands out. Make sure it's clear and concise, and can be read on mobile. I also recommend checking out our Creative best practices guide for more tips on how to make your Pins visually compelling. 

Hope this helps! 🤞

3 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Thanks Gabby! I will keep those in mind and make sure to check that out! 

1 Kudo
ournorthwesthome
Just visiting

Personally I prefer arial because I don't want my font to be noticed in any way. I want the content to be the focus. I stay away from anything fancy.

5 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Thanks for the feedback. 

I like the idea of letting the photo lead the focus not the words 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Totally agree, you definitely want the content to be the shining star. 

1 Kudo
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Just wanted to open a discussion on making captions for pins. 

Do you use certain words? Are you using all caps? Are you making it short and sweet?

Do you even read the captions? 

Love to hear everyones thoughts on this! 

Thanks

4 Kudos
lifestyleofafoodie
Just visiting

When I write a caption I make sure to throw in a few keywords on there. It helps you rank throughout Pinterest searches. I try and make my caption pretty long, that's usually how much I need to give a nice description of what the article is going to be about. Pinterest gives you a certain amount of characters allowed, so you should definitely use them! 

I don't usually read the complete caption of people's pin but I definitely take a loot at it 🙂

8 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

+1! @lifestyleofafoodie 

@RealWoodFloorsWP make sure to include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin. 

8 Kudos