Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Create Vs Saved

greyink

Hi!  For years I had been creating a portfolio of My own work on Pinterest, and I have a business account ect.  When Pinterest added the Create vs Saved feature, my traffic plummetted from around 300k monthly people, to now 40k ish.  How do I get all my saved boards to be in Created.  All my public boards are work I did, and have done throughout the years, and still sell a lot of it.    I have 1 or 2 private boards that were just things I saved, recipes, workouts, etc from pins I came across.   

Does this question make any sense?   I'm super confused why they changed it.

~Heather

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @greyink ,

Your "Created" tab is the view where you can see every Pin (Idea or Standard) that you added to Pinterest. The first batch displayed are Idea Pins you uploaded to Pinterest. Under those, you will see "Other Pins" and these are Pins you either uploaded to Pinterest or Saved from your claimed domain(s). 

If you toggle to "Saved" that's where you can explore ALL Pins (linking back to your domain(s) or anywhere else n the web) you've uploaded/Saved by browsing through your Boards. You can also select the first square that shows "All Pins" and see everything you've saved in chronological order.  

I don't think Created vs Saved has anything to do with any traffic drop you've experienced. Most Pinners discover your content in their Home Feed or Search Feeds and not by navigating to your Profile to find your Pins. 

Hope this helps some! 

Tori

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello Heather @greyink 

The Created tab is only for your Idea Pins. There is no way to change this since it's a feature Pinterest created. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Let us know if you need anything else. 

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @greyink ,

Your "Created" tab is the view where you can see every Pin (Idea or Standard) that you added to Pinterest. The first batch displayed are Idea Pins you uploaded to Pinterest. Under those, you will see "Other Pins" and these are Pins you either uploaded to Pinterest or Saved from your claimed domain(s). 

If you toggle to "Saved" that's where you can explore ALL Pins (linking back to your domain(s) or anywhere else n the web) you've uploaded/Saved by browsing through your Boards. You can also select the first square that shows "All Pins" and see everything you've saved in chronological order.  

I don't think Created vs Saved has anything to do with any traffic drop you've experienced. Most Pinners discover your content in their Home Feed or Search Feeds and not by navigating to your Profile to find your Pins. 

Hope this helps some! 

Tori

2 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Thorough answer @hostesstori great job. I didn't bother mention "Other Pins" because those also show up under ALL PINS. Thanks for jumping in. 

0 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Just to address why they changed it. Pinterest wants to give content creators more "credit" for their content, so it gets top billing. 🙂

0 Kudos