Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

comment interaction rate

rainbowCDS
Just visiting

hi all! i was curious how you encourage more people to interact with your pins in the comments - some of my pics get zero comments and i’m not sure how to change that. i’ve tried asking questions, following trends, etc. but i’m unsure if any of it is working. advice?

- lila

pinterest: rainbowCDS

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PinterestFernanda

Hi @rainbowCDS, we're glad to have you here!

You'll be able to find new ways to improve your Pins on Pinterest. See below for a few tips to help you get started, and be sure to check out our Spotlights to hear from other creators in the community. 

📌 Your images 
- Use high-quality images. Make sure they’re high resolution pictures that are well-composed and in focus. 
- Go for taller Pins. Vertically-oriented Pins look better on mobile screens. The ideal aspect ratio for a Pin is 2:3 (600px wide x 900px high). 
- Be helpful. Pinners may not read your description, so be sure the image can stand on its own, or add a text overlay to give more context. 

📌 Your descriptions 
- Include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin. 
- Write thoughtful, timeless copy. Pins last forever, so avoid descriptions that focus on timely promotional information. 

📌 Quality check 
- Make sure your Pins link to a relevant webpage. High-quality landing pages rank better in our search results. 
- Include thoughtful descriptions of the stuff people save from your website. Learn how to add descriptions to the Save button on your site. 
- Use Rich Pins. Rich Pins automatically add more information to your Pins and lead to higher engagement. 

You can learn more about creating successful Pins in our creative best practices guide. 

Give us a shout if you have any questions! 🙂 

0 Kudos