Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Are Pinterest Stories Going Away?

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Is this it for Story Pins? I just got this email.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.25.45 PM.png

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @theburntsunsetnovel, thanks for flagging this. You may have gotten this email by mistake, apologies for any confusion. Just to clarify, you still have access to Story Pins! We’re making some updates to our product and our US users are migrating to a new version of Story Pins. Please make sure your app is up-to-date so you’ll get the latest. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions. 

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
10 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @theburntsunsetnovel, thanks for flagging this. You may have gotten this email by mistake, apologies for any confusion. Just to clarify, you still have access to Story Pins! We’re making some updates to our product and our US users are migrating to a new version of Story Pins. Please make sure your app is up-to-date so you’ll get the latest. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions. 

5 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby Does that mean we will finally be able to add links? 🙂 

5 Kudos
gurutshirt
Just visiting

We don't have exactly the same barrier but on mobile and web versions we have been able to see "create story pin" button from time to time. Sometimes when we click to add the Pin button we see "Story" as an option and sometimes it is just gone. We do not know the reason.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry I missed your tag, @allaboutbabyblog! Links are currently not available or Story Pins, but I did make a note of your feedback. Feel free to check out our best practices for Story Pins for tips and tricks from the Pinterest team. 😊

2 Kudos
howfinedesigns
Just visiting

That's really interesting. I've loved the story pins and was sad to get this same email. So are they changing the story pins in some way rather than stopping them?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @howfinedesigns, Story Pins aren't going away! We're making some updates to the product and our US users are migrating to a new version. 😊

Comment edited for clarity on market: 6/22

1 Kudo
howfinedesigns
Just visiting

Hey @PinterestGabby that's great news! I've loved using them, so I'm really happy to hear that! Thanks so much for letting me know 😃

1 Kudo
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

Thank you @PinterestGabby being able to add links would be sooooo helpful 🙂 

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@allaboutbabyblog we hear ya! The intention with Story Pins, though, is to make it possible to tell your entire story on Pinterest without having to link to an external site. Best practice here is to keep your user on your Story Pin and avoid adding links in your copy as it can decrease the quality of your Pin. 📌

2 Kudos