Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Saves Saves and More Saves

lifestylediyw
Just visiting

I would love to know better practices to encourage more pinners to SAVE. Especially because the May Creator Rewards has made the requirement for the fund all about saves. And yes I’m well aware of creating high engaging pins or idea pins from trends etc but those trends are sometimes not in my niche. Or even what my audience wants to see. I also think pinners attention spans are all over the place and saves get lost in the numerous boards. 

2 Kudos
9 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @lifestylediyw 

Have you had a chance to see this post? Check out section #7. 

I also believe that if you put all the information (cards or in details) versus asking Pinners to go to your blog or website will get you more saves. 

I hope that helps. 

Thanks. 

1 Kudo
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@lifestylediyw 

Aside from creating value packed pins as @pinterestmarketingexpert said, I'm a huge fan of nudging pinners with a tasteful call to action. Ask them to save your idea for later. You can place it as a call to action at the end of your idea pin. Another option is to also add it in your notes session, where you can be sharing more value as well.

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@lifestylediyw  - I agree with the above, and Tereza is (of course!) right on with the call to action.

I would even suggest that you try a specific CTA that suggests a BOARD to save it to. Examples: 

"Love this idea? Pin it to your Fitness board!"

"Save this to your healthy breakfasts board!" 

"Pin this pin to your travel bucketlist board!" 

Even if she doesn't have a board with that specific title (she can always create it) - or add it another relevant board.

I beleive that by giving people a CTA that is even a BIT more specific, you're essentially helping them see how this idea can fit into their boards - and their lives. 🙂 

Hope that helps a bit, too! 

3 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

PS - I love the name of this thread... "Saves, saves, and more saves!" ... You're calling them in to you from the universe with this thread title! 🙂 

3 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Thanks for the post link @pinterestmarketingexpert 😁

@lifestylediywWelcome! If I could add anything it would just be to encourage your audience to save your pin either with on-screen text or voice over. Also, take advantage of the stickers (like arrows pointing to the save icon) available on idea pins as well. 

Good luck!

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@terezatoledo I really need to start scrolling down to read responses before I chime in!
Great minds think alike 😂 🤷🏻‍♀️!?

0 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@JanaOMedia  Oooh! Using this! Great advice!!!! ❤️

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@everydaylifewithlaura Lol, I know the feeling as I've done the same myself! And yes, great minds think alike!

0 Kudos
tamirahamilton
Posts regularly

So much value here. This is what I love about this community. Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos